Sign in to follow this  

Kick starting sxf 250

when my bike is cold it starts pretty well but when it is hot it takes long time, what can i do :thumbsup:

STAY OFF THE THROTTLE!! No matter what, don't touch it. Also, play with your idle a bit. Bring the idle up and it may make it easier to start when hot.

Mine is finally starting to get easier to start the more hours I put on it.

ok, thanks but sometimes i try it all and i still cant start it, is there anything you can do to the bike besides the idle?

Get a JD jetting kit.

Kick slow and steady. If you kick it quick like a 2 stroke it disengages the auto compression release.

Turn down the spray on the accelerator pump (less gas) because the last thing you do before it completely dies is give it gas and the carb is set up with too large of a spray so you flood it.

If it does not start in 2 kicks with the hot start pulled try holding the throttle open an 8th of an inch.

This works for me at 7000' elevation.

Good luck

Usually they start pretty easily, but I've got the JD kit in the two we have. If i have any problem sometime i will give it a quick twist of the throttle and then let it go before i kick it. Sometimes it does need a little gas. Also as someone else said kick slow.

Usually they start pretty easily, but I've got the JD kit in the two we have. If i have any problem sometime i will give it a quick twist of the throttle and then let it go before i kick it. Sometimes it does need a little gas. Also as someone else said kick slow.

That works for me too

mine is the opposit it is a mother to start cold but starts fine after it warms up any ideas carb has been cleaned all jest are stock and right in the middle spectrom and had the valves done 12hrs ago and new plug

funny mine is the opposite too. Super easy to start hot. Hell to start when cold.

JD kit installed. I think this helped with hot starts as others mentioned.

EDIT: Lesson Learned - put in a new spark plug. Easy to start when cold.

i had this problem ,replace plug cap and plug SORTED also there is a knack to kicking it over as i was told on here TDC and nice flowing movement thru the stroke ,remember not to kick like mad :thumbsup: trust me it takes time and practice .went out last week and was stopping on purpose when hot and firing it up in 2/3 kicks ! thought i had a new bike :usa: