Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha Forks, Service Limits???

Can someone help me find the service limits for the yamaha 05 fork? When the forks are fully extended there is significant play front/back. (not slop in head bearings, my first suspect)

Basically, I was trying to find a place online to view all of the service limits for the inner and outer tubes and the bushings. Hoping I dont have to buy inner or outer tubes. If thats the case, Ive been lurking on EBay hoping to score some 06 forks :ride: Anyway, help would be much appreciated.. :thumbsup:

Serivce limits are indicated in the service manual that came with your bike. When the fork is fully extended, it is at its weakest point. However, this does not really matter when you have both forks properly lined up in the clamps with a wheel properly placed between them them with properly located and torqued axle clamps. It all works together. Once properly assembled, if you then have some excessive play--then take it to an expert for tear down and evalualtion.

Thanx Rudy, but Ive exhausted my manual and could only find "bending limit" ?? for the inner tube. And trust me, with everything together there is still slop. Sucks.. I may just order an OEM bushing kit and "hope" that helps.. Otherwise, new forks or new bike time....

sigh....

The only thing I can think, other than bushings or head bearings (NOT head bearings) is that the outer tube has stretched or warped.. Rather dissappointed at this point.