Sign in to follow this  

Will this acerbis bolt onto my XR 400?

I'm hoping someone here has seen this:

http://www.acerbis.com/p108_taillight/8321.html

It's the dual sport fender and light, with bracket. I'm trying to see if this will bolt over the light hole if I pull it off.

I'm having a hard time finding a license plate bracket, rear light combo for my bike. I have to have a light w/brake light, bracket, and light for the bracket to make my bike pass street legal.

I have the same one On my bike. It does cover the old light hole. It looks as close to factory that you can get. Keep in mind that you have to either drill holes and bolt it, or you'll need to screw it directly to the fender. I have to say though, that I am not impressed with the light socket. It is pretty jankey. the tail light will be working fine, but if I hit the trials a little to hard, it will stop. I then have to remove the cover and fiddle with the bulb to get it to start working again. I messed with the socket( a little bending) and its been working great latley.

You can buy the LED bulb, 1157/1156 at any auto store pretty cheap. I have had one for about 2-3 years now with no problems. Stock setup.