Sign in to follow this  

Quiting and Knocking (250 Z)

I rode my 04 250 supermoto at the track yesterday and about halfway through the day at the end of the back straight (holding it wide open for 4-6 secs) it would lose compression and soon as i puled the clutch in it would die out and then take it into the pits and 3 kicks and start right back up again,, this was the first time it did it then next session it did it almost same place but when i started it up again it started knocking, we have a good idea somwhere in valves or head? does anyone know about this or have had it happen please let me know asap. i am tearing it apart tomorow to have a look.

thnks

Devo

Knocking is usually main bearings or piston issues. However the starting & running issue sounds like valves, ensure you check the timing chain, guides and tensioner.

Let us know!

i got it apart yesterday and noticed there was some little tiny nicks in the head, so i got looking further and noticed there was a little discolourastion on the cylinder wall,, so we went further and i got some white colour on the back of the piston and in the same place on the cylinder, so i am sending everything away to get redone and then put her back together. from what i know it looks like it is from not letting it warm up enough and then going out and beating on it, which causes piston slap. anyone else have any ideas, facts or opinions of what causes this?