Sign in to follow this  

clear oil filter cover?

does anyone know where to find a oil filter cover for the CRF? i saw a guy from colorado with a 450R that had a window over the oil filter. i dont know if this was a stock part or not but i have been looking all over the net for this part and no luck!

i dont know why i want one it just looked cool that you could see the oil being circulated in the engine. it seems like a simple way to make sure there is oil moving where its supposed to.

also i saw on TV tonight someone made a clutch cover that was pretty cool you could see the oil in the clutch another good way to verify you have plenty of oil. might make oil changes a little more easy to check to make sure its full.

Sounds great but too much liability this is why it is not made you could take lexan like they did on biker build off tonight and have someone machine it. But I just usually check my oil often to make sure it is there. And usually if oil is not circulating or you are low on oil the bike will make funny valve noise and such.

who saw biker build off last night? they did lexan on all the covers! It was sick! But it leaked the whole time! If someone figured out how to do it right $$$$$$....

I have seen a bunch of clear clutch covers on banshees. Maybe check out BansheeHQ and you can find the manifacturer?

not mine, though it does look good. But how faster is my x, well??? Faster then yours :ride:

:thumbsup:

does anyone know where to find a oil filter cover for the CRF? i saw a guy from colorado with a 450R that had a window over the oil filter. i dont know if this was a stock part or not but i have been looking all over the net for this part and no luck!

i dont know why i want one it just looked cool that you could see the oil being circulated in the engine. it seems like a simple way to make sure there is oil moving where its supposed to.

also i saw on TV tonight someone made a clutch cover that was pretty cool you could see the oil in the clutch another good way to verify you have plenty of oil. might make oil changes a little more easy to check to make sure its full.

A much safer clutch cover is made my CFC. It is made of aluminum and silicones onto the existing stock cover. The purpose is to keep the rear brake petal from poking a nice hole when you fall off. The stock cover is very thin. Poke a hole about 30 miles from camp and watch your trans fluid drain out and you are up a creek. Go to ebay and type in cfc honda. $19.95 is very cheap insurance.

the cfc one is made for the "R"and it really doesn't fit the x well. Mine fell off on the first ride. The "step" in the x's cover lets too much silicone sit there and it doesn't cure as well. So be warned.