Sign in to follow this  

gearing

im running a 49 on the back and that works the best (i've tried 50s)

Speed Secret! Shsssss! Don't tell anyone!

Use whatever gearing works for the track or trail that you are riding that day.

We run anywhere from 13:48 for ultra high speed MX to 13:55 for tight Arenacross tracks.

Other than suspension and ergonomics, gearing is the most important mod you can do to your bike. Have an assortment of sprockets and change as needed.

49 works good for a stock motor. As you get more power into the motor, go back to the stock 48.

50 is nice for super tight stuff, but you shift a LOT

49 works good for a stock motor. As you get more power into the motor, go back to the stock 48.

50 is nice for super tight stuff, but you shift a LOT

Whats the effect of one tooth change in the rear vs one in the front? 05' I too ride mostly desert and 13/50 has NO top end what so ever. I'm going to switch back to stock and was actully thinking of going 14 in the front.

thanks !

-fu

Whats the effect of one tooth change in the rear vs one in the front? 05' I too ride mostly desert and 13/50 has NO top end what so ever. I'm going to switch back to stock and was actully thinking of going 14 in the front.

thanks !

-fu

one tooth in the front equals three in the rear

I am running the 49 and i will agree with the others on this, it was a great choice and i wouldn't go back to the 48.

one tooth in the front equals three in the rear
Not quite. 50/13=3.84, so it's closer to 4 teeth. Read my post here if you're confused by gearing.

i run a 14/48 on my 03 250f and for mx tracks it is really nice and in tighter tracks you just have to learn to keep it pinned and your momentum up all the time. my 3rd gear can clear most of the jumps i hit at my local tracks