Sign in to follow this  

Honda CR500 dyno results?

Mid 50s HP on a stocker...75 or better is achievable. Tdub

Wow 75hp, i couldnt even imagine...

theres honda based engines that are 500 cc 2 strokes making over 90 hp i built one years ago for a quad that had a special ignition and tachometer that peaked near 10000 rpm it was in a suzuki quad it never got checked but i bet it was close to 90 hp

500cc at 10000rpm that is so sic RHC, damn I want one of those engines in an af

how high will your cr250 rev???

who's ? It depends on how the cylinder is ported. I had my old cylinder ported by someone who races karts, and the power would not come on untill 8500 rpm. It was fun too ride everywhere but the woods lol ..

the 500 i did years ago had the crank banding removed by me and had some plates welded in so that it had more crank case volume this was also being done by the 500 gp bikes that were also reed valved engines our theory was that we had the pipes working so well that when the transfers were uncovered the signal from the pipe was strong enough to over come the movement of the piston creating a negative presure in the crank case openig the reeds and stared filling the botom before the piston even changed direction less volume alowed more AF .this paticular hoda was modifyed for a kx reed asembly and a 44 mm carb .the ignition was a moto plat i had to weld the cases and build a billet ignition cover for it it also had a provision on the coil for a krober tach which was mounted on the bars the pipe was hand built i use to do that also it was very short and had a 2 stage cone with the step placed where the transfers would start to open .the quad was scary you could barley shift the first 3 gears with out nailing 10000 rpm it was light enough that it was a match for many of the 4 cylinder engined quads .

RHC is my hero,

you make some pretty intense stuff.. i can only imagion riding a stock 500, yet you get 90hp out of one.. imagine dirt riders faces if they road that service honda a/f internet bike with 90 hp :thumbsup:

All this is exactly why Robbie Knievel used one for his space flights...and I'm sure that sucker was approaching 100 hp...

Forget all the exotic surgery and think "alternative fuels"! :ride:

(where's the little Mad Scientist emoticon when you need one?) :thumbsup:

Forget all the exotic surgery and think "alternative fuels"! :applause:

(where's the little Mad Scientist emoticon when you need one?) :thumbsup:

If I heard right....he blew himself to bits.

Poor little mad scientist emoticon....

:ride: