Sign in to follow this  

07 KTM's

Everyone seen the new ktms yet, man do they come with some cool stuff, oversized front rotor, 2 stage ignition, electric start, oversized bars. I wonder how long it will take the big four to start doing thigs like that, i would guess that ktm is going to have a lot easier time with efi than anyone else since they can run it off a battery instead of the ignition.

My friend as a '07 250f, it's alright...still don't like the side panel look.

In case you haven't paid attention to KTM in the past -

They have offered the normally reffered to as "Honda" Brake routing for many years.

Included a 260mm front rotor for many many years, front and rear wavy.

Included oversized aluminum bars of excellent quality (Magura and Renthal) for many many years.

Included Twin Air air filters for many many years.

Included Excel rims for also, many, many years.

Most people are not aware of that though - since they never looked into KTM.

It's only just now that Yamaha and Honda (and probably Suzuki and Kawi, but I haven't looked at them) have started upping their package to provide the same things! (except the 260mm wavy rotor, stock)

that's on the Husky!

Works good too. :thumbsup:

Hey toyota_mdt_tech - you got a Magura on the grandsons bike?

yeah, the hydro cltch is awsome too, i would like to ride someones 450 and see what they are like, i heard that the new suspension they put on them is pretty good too.

Damn that's a good-looking bike!!! Who did the graphics? :applause:

Does the 400 come road-legal too this year, or is that only for the 450 and 525?

Why did you choose the XCW over the EXC?

(I'm looking hard at the 07 KTM's... )

Damn that's a good-looking bike!!! Who did the graphics? :thumbsup:

Does the 400 come road-legal too this year, or is that only for the 450 and 525?

Why did you choose the XCW over the EXC?

(I'm looking hard at the 07 KTM's... )

Yes it came with a plate.

I will get the lights later dont really need them now (in the mid-west), The 450X is going out to my buddy's Ranch in AZ. so all I have to do now is fly, instead of the nitemare drive.

Kev thats an amazing bike. Looks great. I am also looking for a used 400 Ktm but haven't had much luck.

I hate the new SX numberplates. Now you'd have to do a goofy one footer every lap at the finish so the scorers can see your number. Such an advanced bike, with numberplates from 1973.

I hate the new SX numberplates. Now you'd have to do a goofy one footer every lap at the finish so the scorers can see your number. Such an advanced bike, with numberplates from 1973.
http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=184071 dont know if that worked but a guy has his graphics done on ktm talk and it looks pretty sick!

http://ktmtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=184071 dont know if that worked but a guy has his graphics done on ktm talk and it looks pretty sick!

this doean't work for me it says you have to be logged in or something can you save the picture to you computer and put it on a photobucket for all for us to see

What is the advantage of the wavy rotors?

Another question - The manufactures that come with Renthal or Tag bars. Are they also oversized or regular sized?

I assume the ktm's are oversized.

this doean't work for me it says you have to be logged in or something can you save the picture to you computer and put it on a photobucket for all for us to see

go to ktm talk check out bigboars bike...cant post on this.........some of you may have already seen it.......they did a great job

i think everyone but honda and kawasaki come with oversized bars now, and the wavy rotor is suposed to stay cooler and provide more contact between the pad and the brake, the ones that come on the ktm are 280mm, which are way bigger than a standard rotor, and they stay quite a bit cooler.