Sign in to follow this  

Whats the dif from 05 to 06?

Hi guys. I am buying a YZ 125 this week, probably Thursday, and I found a new 2005 YZ 125 for $4,000. Is there much difference between the 05 and 06?

I guess I want to know if the 06 is worth $1,500 more than the 05.

If it were me, and I could pick up an 06 for $500-$600 more then an 05 I would go that route. You not only get the benefit of the vastly improved suspension (read any of the mag test articles) without having to spend money on the re-valve but, you will also some day be selling an 06 vs. an 05 so I'm sure you would have better re-sale value. Again, that's me and I realize what's good for me does not have to be the best answer for everyone. Congrats on getting a new bike :thumbsup: enjoy!

the 06 has far superior suspension than the 05, at both front and rear ends. also, the resale value as mentioned earlier. go for the 06, you'll be happy you did. also, $4000 for an 05 is too much. i picked up an 06 125 for $3699 about two months ago, i think the out the door cost was about $3850 or so. Look around and call all the dealers in your area, you can find great deals on 125 2 strokes right now. :thumbsup: