Sign in to follow this  

Head on collision

Hey fellow RMZ'ers...

Unfortunately on Saturday the unthinkable happened, I was hammering around a corner on a local 4x4 tracks and what did a see right infront of me? A YZ450 doing the same thing... coming head on! We both swerved but ended up swerving into each other.

We slammed into each other head on - slightly off centre. I was concussed momentarily but otherwise okay. I slammed myself into the hangers and bent the handlebar bolt mounts forward, I have a nice bruise to show for it.

I also twisted my forks, bent the front mudguard inside out (it also has a hole in it) and smashed borth radiators to pieces.

Luckily my forks were okay, and my triple clamps and even handle bars are all straight. What I need to replace are the handlebar clamp bolts and radiators.

So I have a few questions for everyone:

Firstly, can you guys give me some names of aftermarket radiators? I know of PWR and Fluidyne.

Secondly, what sort of protection can I buy for my upper legs? Some akin to a kidney guard that wraps around your thighs. I always seem to hurt them in stacks because I dont have anything other than my pants protecting them??

ummm, i dont know about the rads, you named off the two that i know of, but the leg protection thing i can make a suggestion or two, knee guards for one, fox makes a good knee guard that comes above the knee a little, and then msr and 661 i think make a pair of shorts that go under your pants, they have pads in them to protect your thighs, you can get them from light padding to really heavy padding, i think they are like 40 or 50 bucks.

I t-boned a quad one time on my old bike in 3rd gear, that wasnt fun. I have thor force (i think) knee guards. They dont cost much but they do come in handy.