Sign in to follow this  

Best in the Desert/ Vegas to Reno #1

Wow!

Time sure flys!! It's that time already! The Bike is done (mostly) just need to mount up 3 sets of Tires tomorrow Night and round up last minute odds and ends.

It's about 1/3rd new course this Year up through Tonapah, then it's the same from the quick glance I had at the Map.

Jen and Heather are back again this time with a 3rd rider as back-up since we are unsure how far Jen will go with a still healing Arm.

Probably will not check in until we get back but the Bike is Number 201 (Class is 250cc, number "01") and there MAY be updates online on the BITD site or you might pick something up if you have a High Powered VHF (Check Weatherman's Channel and the Score Teams assigned frequencies as a start).

Proudly Carrying the #1 Plate on a Husky.......WooooHooooooooo!

See ya out there.

We are both ironmanning it for dakar practice.

Have fun and good luck to your team. We will have lots of spares if needed...will try to stop by and say hi. Go Husky!

stay on the bike,have lots of fun and grteat luck to you all,maybe i will join you next year!dan.

I plan on being at the Weeks Pit Area (number 14). I will look for your Husky's. Good Luck

Wow!

Time sure flys!! It's that time already! The Bike is done (mostly) just need to mount up 3 sets of Tires tomorrow Night and round up last minute odds and ends.

It's about 1/3rd new course this Year up through Tonapah, then it's the same from the quick glance I had at the Map.

Jen and Heather are back again this time with a 3rd rider as back-up since we are unsure how far Jen will go with a still healing Arm.

Probably will not check in until we get back but the Bike is Number 201 (Class is 250cc, number "01") and there MAY be updates online on the BITD site or you might pick something up if you have a High Powered VHF (Check Weatherman's Channel and the Score Teams assigned frequencies as a start).

Proudly Carrying the #1 Plate on a Husky.......WooooHooooooooo!

See you guys there Bob!!!!

See you guys there Bob!!!!

And yes we DID see you there!

Awesome ride Duster! You guys had to overcome a bit to win that one!

You earned it!

As far as our Race Report,

I am pleased to say that the GP Motorcycles, Lipert Racing, Leo Vince, MSR, BRP and IMS sponsored Husky #201 ran perfect start to Finish!!!!

No Flats, No Tire Changes, not even a hiccup! It did not burn any Oil, got Great mileage (2.5 Gallons over 74 Miles) and just "Got the Job DONE".

One low-speed tip-over in the silt but that was it.

Had a great run against "Duster" on the Yamaha 250 they rode and in the end I think they were 20 Minutes ahead at the most. They had a couple "Get-Offs" and some bad luck but were truly "Sportsmanlike" before, during and after. And they had a FAST bike too!!!

I am VERY proud of Jen since it was her first race back as well as Heather and of course Scott Perkins as our 3rd!!

Pass along an "atta girl" to Jen. Its great to hear she is riding again.

Bill :thumbsup:

:ride: WoooooooooHoooooooooooo great news, congrats on the finish :thumbsup:

Pass along an "atta girl" to Jen. Its great to hear she is riding again.

Bill :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Good to hear from you. Call us up for a ride sometime, maybe next Weekend?????

See ya out there.

We are both ironmanning it for dakar practice.

Have fun and good luck to your team. We will have lots of spares if needed...will try to stop by and say hi. Go Husky!

So Mike, never saw you there, how did it go???

And yes we DID see you there!

Awesome ride Duster! You guys had to overcome a bit to win that one!

You earned it!

As far as our Race Report,

I am pleased to say that the GP Motorcycles, Lipert Racing, Leo Vince, MSR, BRP and IMS sponsored Husky #201 ran perfect start to Finish!!!!

No Flats, No Tire Changes, not even a hiccup! It did not burn any Oil, got Great mileage (2.5 Gallons over 74 Miles) and just "Got the Job DONE".

One low-speed tip-over in the silt but that was it.

Had a great run against "Duster" on the Yamaha 250 they rode and in the end I think they were 20 Minutes ahead at the most. They had a couple "Get-Offs" and some bad luck but were truly "Sportsmanlike" before, during and after. And they had a FAST bike too!!!

I am VERY proud of Jen since it was her first race back as well as Heather and of course Scott Perkins as our 3rd!!

Thanks again! I'm glad Jen's wrist held together! Lets do it again in October...

Thanks again! I'm glad Jen's wrist held together! Lets do it again in October...

Yes it held.

Good enough that she got 2nd at Invaders Sunday (another 80 Miles).

BTW: the "Broken-Thrashed Parts" list follows:

1 Ea. Rear Brake Pedal Return Spring.

That's All!!!!

I have "After" pics of the Bike, Just need to post them somehow.

So Mike, never saw you there, how did it go???

First off--Huge congrats to you and yours. Way to go!!! I really hope to hang out with you guys sometime.

well--you asked.-so:

....we didnt crash..... didnt have any logistical or hand off issues....didnt have any flats....passed 3 of the other 40 pro class guys in the first 45 miles....not sure were we where on calculated time--i would guess about 12th-15th overall or so....and then right at mile 66:

the motor locked up solid. :thumbsup: yikes. Not sure what caused it.

guess its better to find out now and not over in Morrocco. Brian held it wide open--tapped in 6th wide open and passed some XR650 guys. Wide open for over 5 minutes. Might have been a little too much...first time the motor has let us down.

First off--Huge congrats to you and yours. Way to go!!! I really hope to hang out with you guys sometime.

well--you asked.-so:

....we didnt crash..... didnt have any logistical or hand off issues....didnt have any flats....passed 3 of the other 40 pro class guys in the first 45 miles....not sure were we where on calculated time--i would guess about 12th-15th overall or so....and then right at mile 66:

the motor locked up solid. :thumbsup: yikes. Not sure what caused it.

guess its better to find out now and not over in Morrocco. Brian held it wide open--tapped in 6th wide open and passed some XR650 guys. Wide open for over 5 minutes. Might have been a little too much...first time the motor has let us down.

Sounds like My V - R last year.

Mile 204 or so.

Frozen Rod. Crank, Piston. Etc.

Hopefully some A-Hole will not tell people that you did not have Oil in the Motor.

Sorry for your Bad Luck Mike.

Sounds like My V - R last year.

Mile 204 or so.

Frozen Rod. Crank, Piston. Etc.

Hopefully some A-Hole will not tell people that you did not have Oil in the Motor.

Sorry for your Bad Luck Mike.

Now, Richard...........

Rumors are just Rumors. I'm sure you had Oil in it, right???

Saw your buddy Barry V up there, not sure how he did.

Hey Mike,

Is your Partner or yourself "Basketball Player" material? I did see a Husky with a HUGE Guy on it.........

We had lots of oil in it! In fact at 5 am right by that weird start place on the side of the road i dumped a couple extra ounces in the bike--realizing it was a long race and knowing the motard guys run extra oil. And yes i screwed the cap back on correctly... Brian thinks its becouse the bike overheated in the Baja 500 (tweaked radiators) and possibly something was toasted in the motor waiting to bite us...we will know soon. We ran those trick race radiators from the UK--the bike seemed really noticably cooler. For sure not even close to overheating.

To be balanced--i've also had an XR650 seize up solid at the Vegas to Reno....

I saw that other Husky go by as well. The blue/yellow 510. I talked to those guys...their first race on the Husky. I asked 'em to join us in Baja. Nice guys. From Idaho! Not sure how they did. Four stroke expert class if memory works...it was great to watch both of you guys go past pit 2. :thumbsup: