Sign in to follow this  

nelson hills radio tower

Has anyone been busted for stopping at the radar dome/ radio tower in Nelson Hills? It looks like a cool place but all of the warning signs scared me off. Back in north Idaho nobody enforced stuff like that. Down here I am not so sure.

There shouldn't be much hassle if you stay outside the fences (I used to take care of the Sprint site up there when I worked for Delta Electric). Jump the fences and start messing around and it can be a Felony pop, (especially at the USGS and Forest Service sites), but I can't imagine anyone would roust you for just looking...............

Don't stay too long, though. There's a lot of RF energy up there, (they turned down the repeater transmitters when we were working up there), and it's not too good for you.

Thanks for the warning about the RF energy. I hadn't thought of that :thumbsup:

I just wanted to see the view from up there. It has to be good.

Dont forget the BC cop that is allways down there. If you get 2 inches off the trail he will be there with his ticketbook. He usually will find you when you are unloading your bike, he will give you a map of where it is ok to ride out there.

John in Vegas

I guess I've lucked out. I've haven't seen a cop out there yet. I like to park off of Eldorado Rd off of 95. There's a little sand dune there about 100 yds from the highway. Maybe its not a legal parking spot? I haven't been out there for more than a few hours at a time due to the heat. I cant wait until winter :thumbsup:

We might not be talking about the exact same location. We turn on the nelson landing turn and go in a couple of miles, then turn right onto a dirt rd for a little bit. You probably end up in the same area. It might not be a bad idea to find him and get his little speech and map, it could save you some $$, I think his tickets start around $1200. He is a BC cop running around in a Jeep Cherokee.

John in Vegas