Sign in to follow this  

which is cheaper

is just getting a revalve much cheaper than a respring and revalve or would I pretty much just be saving the cost of the springs

I want my suspension done and thought I could save some $$$$$ by doing the springs my self and just having the valves done

To have the suspension set up correctly, you have to have the correct springs for your weight. No re-valve will correct the wrong springs. It may be cheaper for you to install the correct springs yourself, but depending on who does the re-valve, they may install the spring for free do to the fact everything is apart anyway. You will have to pay for the springs. Just ask the person doing the re-valve. I am currently waiting for my forks to return from Pro-action in PA. I did not need different springs, so I can't help on the free spring install question.

In order to do a revalve, the springs must be removed, so there is no additional labor involved in getting new springs.

A suggestion: You put in the correct springs for your weight and try the bike with them before you get the revalve.

Ride on

Brewster

hmmmm good idea brewster but I currently weigh 285 and I ride a yz426 so I think it is a definite I will need the re-valve but if I just do the springs will it hurt any thing or will I just not be able to get the suspension dialed in with the clickers??

It won't hurt anything. Try turning in the rebound clickers a few clicks after you install the new springs.

Ride on

Brewster

I'm 275 and I re-sprung for my weight and put in fresh oil only (syn ATF at 120mm), no revalve. I consider myself a top "C" rider, definitely no pro, but I like the way it performs. Some people will say the heavier springs require less compression damping and more rebound, but when you factor in your weight, I think it evens out.

my main concern is to not bottom out too much I want to hit this cool track my buddy told me about called the sandbox it is a beginners track practice only no racing and it sounds awsome but I can feel the suspension bottom on a kinda big jump by my house but I am landing on flat ground

would you guys go by like race-tech's spring calculator or mx-tech or what??