Sign in to follow this  

Funny Rocks Manastash Trials Event 8-27

Many people ask me where do the Trials Guys hold their events. Well, this coming Sunday they will be holding what is turning into an annual event at Funny Rocks. That is just above Manastash Lake. About a 3 or 4 mile ride from Rider's Camp.

Most of the riders entering the competition do not ride the mountain trails where I like to go. However, if all goes as planned, Mikki D. our local Cle Elum ORV Ranger is planning on entering the event as a competitor. That's Right!!! This will be her first Trials event. Someone is loaning her a bike. And if that falls through, I have one for her. No excuses! :ride:

For those that know her, I think this will be one to watch. I am planning on attending and maybe enter the "sportsman" Class where I ride the Intermediate lines but can't steal any trophies from the real Intermediate riders but still run the risk of getting my butt kicked by them. Should be fun.

The Starting place will be Riders Camp on the Manastash Road at the base of the Manastash Lake Trail. Riders will leave camp at about 9:00 AM. and ride up the Manastash Lake trail and then on up to Funny Rocks where the Competition Sections will be located. Normally they ride 10 sections in three loops so there are 30 section attempts. The event should be completed sometime between 1:00 and 2:00 PM.

If you need more information, you can PM me or go to www.pugetsoundtrialers.com for a copy of the flyer and the phone number to call.

So come and watch a local caliber event. Don't expect to see the stuff you see on TV but there are a few guys in the club that can do that so it's possible some of the "Expert Class" sections might be spectacular.

:thumbsup: