Sign in to follow this  

Seen the What's the strangest you've seen out riding

We where cruzing about 25 mph or so down a fire road last weekend with my buddy about 50 ft in front of me and out of the woods came something we never expected to see....... A EMU??? seriously this thing was big (but small for a emu from what I'm told) It's head was above seat level on my buddies bike and it was running 20+mph checking out my buddy... As soon as he stopped it bolted back into the woods. Turns out a few months back some farm of something had these birds and 3 of them got out and they have cought one so far but still looking for the other two. I'm sure the other was around somewhere because they are sapposed to travel in packs. Who knows maybe a CR sounds like a mating call :thumbsup: Very cool thing to see though.

http://www.kidcyber.com.au/IMAGES/Emu_s.jpg

Dauntae

HA! Good work, but if you see the size of the EMU's down under, you will need to change your jocks :thumbsup:

yeah i live in Queensland Australia and an emus head height being around seat height is fairly small. A full grown emu's head wouls be about the same level as yours if you were standing on your pegs. No shit. And they can run bloody fast too. Oh and did you know that even though they are 'dirds' they cannot fly. here is a pic of a lady on a big one. emu.jpg

A few months ago me and a mate were riding and he was about 50 ft in front of me and one ran across the track in front of him so we both slowed down and then within a second another one ran across in front of me. definateley not something that happens every day.

We also have cassowaries that are similar to an Emu but they have a big bone sorta thing on their head for headbutting people with. Not something i want to run into on the trail, good thing they live in the rainforrests.

here is a pic. australiev37.jpg

ive seen moose on the trail they are big animalshttp://www.vividlight.com/35/images/HUGE%20BULL%20MOOSE-ALASKA.jpg (i never took the picture)

Saw my first mountian lion on Sunday morning at Rowher.Also saw a small bobcat and the biggest friggen coyote I've ever seen.

MC- I was at Rowher Sunday as well! Didn't see you. I thought you were headed out on Saturday? Oh well.

OOPS :thumbsup: I just reread my thread and realized I put it wrong about the size, the body of it was above seat level not it's head.. I feel like a dumb a$$ for that one but I wrote it in the wee hours of the morning. I just wonder if they will ever catch them (still two of them out there someplace). Hopefully before the cold sets in, Very cool bird and I'm sure it's kicked a few coyote’s butts thus far. Lots of them around these parts, Foxes too but those are not brave enough to go after something that big. I only wish I had a helmet cam to try to catch it on film.

Dauntae

HA! Good work, but if you see the size of the EMU's down under, you will need to change your jocks :ride:

OH and my riding bud said he almost had too :thumbsup:

I've come face to face with deer, bears and guys abusing themselves.

yeah i live in Queensland Australia and an emus head height being around seat height is fairly small. A full grown emu's head wouls be about the same level as yours if you were standing on your pegs. No shit. And they can run bloody fast too. Oh and did you know that even though they are 'dirds' they cannot fly. here is a pic of a lady on a big one. emu.jpg

That is a picture of a male ostrich, not an Emu. Emu's have 3 toes, Ostrichs have 2 and the white tail feathers are of a male. I know you didn't take the picture and it even says emu.jpg but it's not.

I saw a Yeti driving a VW Thing after a Grateful Dead concert.

Dirty

Jerry Garcia?