Sign in to follow this  

top end time, good upgrades while inside?

I am a large vet rider( hare scrambles) and looking for good effective engine upgrades for my 2006 crf250.

The bike is stock and due for a new top end soon.

what would you suggest is the best bang for your buck on a shoe string budget??

well, say up to $1000.00

what would RHC suggest?

ps

pump gas only!!!!

you can have RHC do your engine for you. he will put in a different cam and piston and his own valve set-up. i hear it is very good.....

you can have RHC do your engine for you. he will put in a different cam and piston and his own valve set-up. i hear it is very good.....

i was thinking of getting that stuff from him but i haven't heard back from Ron! :thumbsup:

yeah wait for ron to come on today, im sure he will hook you up, the guy is a motercycle legend

well if I have to do a new topend is there a good piston cam combo anyone would suggest?

well if I have to do a new topend is there a good piston cam combo anyone would suggest?

well Ron has a nice cam set up now for both the 450 and 250,

i would get one from him---and use the je 13.5 piston kit you can still run pump with it,

i would get Ron's ferrea valve and spring kit for the head and get the cv4 valve guides ,

do the head all up correctly and make sure you do a correct cylinder prep for the dry build and you will have a good running bike !,

if you could send Ron a head and let him flow one up for you and you would love it !

Hotcams stage 1 and JE 13.5:1 Youre replacing the piston anyways, might as well get a good one and the stage 1 is set up for lower to mid power. New valve springs too