Sign in to follow this  

640 Adventure Owners - Got a "Q"

.....I was wondering if any 640 Adventure riders have a dual set up such as a street set up (supermoto) and convert back to the dirt? I'm in the hunt for more seat time; like always. For those that may have this, how does the bike perform on the street? I'll tackle the license plate later as I've been lead to believe that it's easy to get.

PS - photos would be nice too.

Thanks

Weim

LC4_Adv_Motard1.jpg

I rode my former 2002 LC4 Adv. for approx. 4000 miles with a 17" front wheel before I sold it. For me, whole 135lb., the LC4 Adv. was too heavy for dirt use, even though the suspension was awsome for the dirt. So I converted my Adv. to full street usage with 17" motard front wheel. It was a blast, great in city traffic, not too bad on highway 80+mph speed. Easy to park in the city, curb hopping is never a problem.

I have an 02' LC4 that I changed over to supermoto this past June. Black 17" Excel rims front and back, Continental ContiForce tires - 120/70 in front and 160/60 in rear. Replaced pre-silencer with straight thru pipe - replaced huge SuperCrapp muffler with KTM SuperMoto pipe. Opened up airbox and of course re-jetted. Re-gearing is essential - your bike probably has a 16t counter shaft sprocket with a 42t in the rear. Way too low - even if you don't plan on using this bike on the highways, it's still too low. Stock 02" Supermotos were geared at 17/42 - stock 02' Dukes had a 17/38 combo - I settled on a 17/40 set-up. Perfect!!!!! I can now cruise comfortably with out worrying about blowin' it up and it's still got PLENTY of get up and go. If you choose to run this set-up, keep in mind that in order to fit the 17t sprocket, you'll need to either grind down the case guard a little or simply order the case guard for an 02' DukeII. If you were to simply keep your stock 16t and change your rear to a 38t - you'd virtually gain the same ratio - that would work to - but you'd now have to get a shorter chain.

Licence plate is easy. Bike is awesome on the street - I also have 2 bad ass sport bikes and the KTM proves to be a lot more fun.

Pictures - as soon as I can find my wifes brand new digital camera - I'll post them.