Sign in to follow this  

Protection for a new guy

Hey everyone. I'm just getting into the sport and was wondering what most of you wear for protection for your upper body. I have boots, knee/shin guards obviously. As far as the upper body, does anyone recommend pressure suits or is a standard chest protector and elbow guards enough? Like I said, I'm a beginner that will do mostly trail riding but would like to move to the track once I have more experience. Thanks for any input you have. Have a good day.

06 YZ250F

I researched pressure suits, but I could not find one that would be cool enough for hot weather. They all have a black mesh or spandex material connecting the protection panels. I would love to see somebody come out with a cross between a chest protector and body suit, because I ended up purchasing a chest protector, elbow guards, neck dough-nut, kidney bet, and still want better spine protection. Most chest protectors are not armor or pads, rather just roost protectors. I see a huge market for actual upper body protect (other than just roost blocker). I even looked into hockey upper body protection, but didn't find anything I liked. Good Luck.

PS. A couple of years ago, I watched a show on the discovery channel about a guy that built a bear proof suit. The entire show was his friends beating the living shit out of him with bats, cinder blocks. They even hit him with a truck. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen, and strange to see it on the discovery channel which is usually very professional. Not that this has to do anything with your question, but protection like that would be great although not very practical. The guy couldn't even walk. He looked like the Michelin man in the suit.