Sign in to follow this  

03 xr 250. what's it worth

I am looking at buying an 03 xr 250. where do I go to get book value. NADA, Kelly Blue Book? He is asking 3,000. I have seen several on Ebay and classifieds go for around 2500. Just curious. He says it has around 350 miles on it.

NADA and Kelly Blue Book both have motorcycle values. A 2003 XR250 in NADA average retail is $2520. Kelly Blue Book shows high end retail as $3095. The price you are looking at is in the ball park. I would print out both values and show him the NADA 1st and maybe he will come down on price. :thumbsup:

I just bought an 03 xr250r a month ago for $2850. The girl was asking $3000 originally. The bike was in real good shape except for slightly tweaked handlebars and a bent up right foot peg. I wouldn't say that I got a great deal but I paid a fair price. I invested a little money, now its around $3000 with nice ProTaper bars and alumininum throttle tube and a skid plate and I just put the foot peg in a vise and straightened it out.

See if he has any of these extras on it. If so, and everything is straight, it's probably worth about that. I found these bikes are really hard to find because they are so bulletproof, nobody wants to get rid of them. So its probably hard to find a "screaming deal" because the bikes are so solid.

Good Luck :thumbsup::ride:

With 350 miles and the area you are in, I bet it's already gone at $3000. It wouldn't hurt to try to get him down a bit--all he can do is say no. If he doesn't have people lined up out the door he would probably take 27-28-2900.

You better be driving to his house right now to negotiate a price, otherwise it will be gone. Everytime we are in the market for yet another XR, it is not uncommon for the bike to be sold the first day on the market. We now have about 8 XR/XL's....