Sign in to follow this  

Master Cylinder Q's Which can I use?

I've got 3 Mastercylinders to choose from. Will any of these work with a DRZ-E SM w/oversized rotor (280mm I think) and stock 2 piston nissan calipers?

1. 05 Yamaha R6 16mm Radial

2. 04 Gixxer 750 (Don't know size)

3. 05 Gixxer 1000 (Don't know size)

I want to upgrade the feel of my brakes. Right now the lever has too much travel and not enough feedback. I've already switched to SS line and EBC pads.

Ultimately, I'd like to upgrade to a 320mm rotor with a new caliper but right now I don't have the $$. Are there any inexpensive brake calipers I could easily use for this? (Ie: sportbike)

Determine the bore size of the current master cylinder. Then select a master with a larger bore to give more feed back. I suspect if the master was originaly for a dual disc system that would work for you. Usually the bore is cast into the master some place and (oddly) is often an inch fraction. I see 11 cast into my stock DRZ400E master so maybe it is 11mm? not sure.

Thanks for the info Noble. I think my best bet may be to just try it out. I'll start with the r6 mc b/c I already know it's bigger. I'm just hoping it's not too big.

I've got 3 Mastercylinders to choose from. Will any of these work with a DRZ-E SM w/oversized rotor (280mm I think) and stock 2 piston nissan calipers?

1. 05 Yamaha R6 16mm Radial

2. 04 Gixxer 750 (Don't know size)

3. 05 Gixxer 1000 (Don't know size)

I want to upgrade the feel of my brakes. Right now the lever has too much travel and not enough feedback. I've already switched to SS line and EBC pads.

Ultimately, I'd like to upgrade to a 320mm rotor with a new caliper but right now I don't have the $$. Are there any inexpensive brake calipers I could easily use for this? (Ie: sportbike)

all of those are way to big for a stock caliper.the lever will be like a rock and the brakes will have no feel.

you need a 13-14mm master max!

Ok. That's good to know.. do you know of an acceptable donor bike for the 14mm master cylinder?