Sign in to follow this  

SXC gearing sugestions??

So has anyone got a sprocket combo they are happy with? I know it's subjective, but I still have the stock gearing on my 04 SXC and find it a bit high. I do mostly off road, with some road sections... :thumbsup:

For Indiana & Ohio National D-S's I drop 1 tooth on countershaft sprocket , thats it , I leave the rear stock , then change it back afterward's , I agree with you on stock gearing being alittle high on tight trail's .

I'm going to be trying 14/48 in the near future, I also find the gearing tall for single track.

Hey there, I run a 16/49 and it hauls arse big time, giving the exc range a real run for there money. I also run full michilin S12s front and rear. 5th gearing still winds out about 150km/h, with all the torque in the world on tap at any stage of the throttle. On the road I use a 16/45 and it nice and poky for most street riding..... :thumbsup:

You may have to cut links....I have a full matched sprocket set for the road and one for the offroad...

Hi,i have just purchased a KTM 625 SXC [2004].Can anyone tell me what the standard sprockets are.When i got the bike it had a 16 tooth front and a 50 tooth rear.I have since fitted a 46 tooth rear sprocket which helps for road use.I would like to have the best combo for both on and off road.

Thanks

Hose

My USA version SXC came with a 15/45 combo. I think the rest of the world got 16/40.

If you go to the KTM website, you can download this year's manual in PDF form. I'm not sure of what changes were made to the 06 vs. 04 models. I know my 04 has no oil in the frame where as the new 06 models do have the frame mounted oil filter.

Good luck.

Techieguy

My early model 2003 came with 15/50 and I can tell you that unless you plan on using you bike to pull a plow or other farm implements that 15/50 is rediculous. First gear is even too slow for most singletrack. I now run 15/45 and I am happy with it. Even in singletrack I still ride in second gear if I am going faster than walking speed.