Sign in to follow this  

Goofiest cargo you ever had on the DR?

While were on fun posts I thought this would be a good one.

My number #1 - a 4 foot long section of 1' diameter plastic culvert pipe

honorable mentions: 40# dog food bag every 3 weeks, 2 dozen donuts and 1 dozen bagels every thursday, shotgun and enough gear to deer hunt (you get a lot of looks on the DR when you are in camo and armed), 2 big packs of diapers, case of beer with ice...

I've seen some fruitcake on here with a friggin mountain bike hangin off the back of his DR :thumbsup:

...shotgun and enough gear to deer hunt...

I'd like to use my bike for hunting or pre-season scouting trips. Good means of getting farther away from other hunters quickly. But can anyone recommend a good means of carrying a rifle or suitable pistol safely / securely on a bike? Soft case with a sling? Some kind of saddle sheath like I'd use on horseback?

I'd like to use my bike for hunting or pre-season scouting trips. Good means of getting farther away from other hunters quickly. But can anyone recommend a good means of carrying a rifle or suitable pistol safely / securely on a bike? Soft case with a sling? Some kind of saddle sheath like I'd use on horseback?

Long as I keep it upright and don't get it snagged on a branch, this is fairly safe

Wrong bike but it would work on either

http://wibby.smugmug.com/photos/26975502-L-1.jpg

A little less flashy with the sock on it

http://wibby.smugmug.com/photos/76343878-L.jpg

I've seen some fruitcake on here with a friggin mountain bike hangin off the back of his DR :thumbsup:

Ya gotta hold some cards back

DRYPOWDER - I hunt now and then with a shotgun softcase and sling as you said. For me it really just saves time walking. Around here if you go in too far you come out the other side, not that big

I think the winning picture would be a nice buck strapped on the DR. should be easy, someone here posted a pic of a guy with a deer on a bicycle

OK, had my bike for a week now. First cargo: it was a dark cold clear night, just got my endorsement, insurance, etc. and couldn't wait for the break of day to ride...so off to the store I went (20 miles before I found the local grocery :thumbsup:) and returned with two boxes of ice cream sandwiches. Mmm. Tasty ride!

I noticed you are running a 170 main and was wondering how that was working for you. Have you also modded the air box and do you have a tunable exhaust. Also wondering what altitude you are at. I have a 1990 DR650 and am running a 160 main with a cut air box, K&N, and super trapp with 18 disc's in it. I was thinking about trying a 170 main but thought that it would be to big. Looking for Info.

Thanx,

Leemoto1

I have carried a pressure cooker & my wifes mail order from Macy's & I did this through some of the busy areas of NYC.

I used to have a ZX6r that I made into a streetfighter and built a custom rack on the back. I made mounts for my dog carrier crate so we could go to the park. It was a bit crazy when the wind picked up!

I also carried a complete ZX6r engine on the rack. It was real easy to wheelie that!

A Gateway tower to work on for a friend is the goofiest cargo I've carried, but I've thought a Blow Up Doll would look pretty cool !!!!

I recently turned my Dr into a Super Motard, minus the 17in front wheel. When I picked up the street tires I realized it wasn't possible to tie the tires to the luggage rack with what I had so I laid the tires on the ground, stepped into them and pulled them up around my waist like a hulla hoop and rode 40 miles home which included high way and Friday afternoon traffic through town. I got a few looks.

I had on a 40LBs bag of $HI+,,, no kidding...

Was doing some gardening this spring and was way too hot to get in a cage,so me's jumps on the 650 and went to get SHI+ for the pumkins' at the home cheap-ohh...

2nd gear came up real easy that day :thumbsup::lame::p

Hey WYBS ,,, don't try this one !!!!!!!

NoFatChicks.jpg

I had on a 40LBs bag of $HI+,,, no kidding...

Was doing some gardening this spring and was way too hot to get in a cage,so me's jumps on the 650 and went to get SHI+ for the pumkins' at the home cheap-ohh...

2nd gear came up real easy that day :thumbsup::lame::p

Hey WYBS ,,, don't try this one !!!!!!!

NoFatChicks.jpg

Thanks DD

I wish someone made a filter for images of fat chicks!

Have to be careful with the bags of whatever, lost a couple pounds of dogfood on the ride home last week, I look for a bag in good shape, but this one was stiff and ripped a little when it folded over the seat/rack

No Prob WYBS...

I got one of those moster racks from e-bay,,, but I don't think it will pass the FAT CHICK test ! Maybe get 'er some more CAKE for her PIE HOLE !

9d_1.JPG

I looked at that rack but it really doesn't fit in with my setup. I have a homemade copy of the billet rack (pics in garage). I hang soft bags off it and they have top access so the Ebay rack would be tough. I have been kicking around some ideas for making a hard bag setup but my rig works good enough that I am not that inspired. I should probably just get a board wide enough to support the dog food, but I love the looks I get at country max when I throw it on and ride of - no ropes

Dude I dig those front pegs...

Have you ever thought of makin' a couple of hundred bucks by manufacturing a butt load of them and puttin' them on e-bay ???

E-bay's not all bad,,, it's where I got the bike and the rack.....

Pay pal is a sure fire payment method,,no scammers there...Don't send the stuff untill you have the monery in the bank..

You sure could help us non-welder/metal cutter outter guys with it :thumbsup: I think everybody runs a bash plate right ?

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=23702