Hot Start Froze...help

mine froze up in my yzf. Even after soaking it in tri-flowfor hours. nothing. i endend up drilling out the little cover on the side of the carb. I'm not sure how the kawis are, but when they sieze, they're siezed. I actually ended up breaking the cable and havn't used my hot start in over a year. bike starts perfect whether its half way threw a HS or been sitting for weeks.

id be carefull with heating it. you are putting a open flameto a device that meters fuel. and the plunger is in grease. something like a hairdryer or heat gun mught help but it still would be difficult to get it out. without a doubt you have to drill and tap it.

My 04 froze after I lubed the cable without pulling out the hot start plunger. Big mistake. I drilled, tapped threads into the hole in the plunger, put a 4/40 allen screw in it, then had to really twist and pull it out. It was frozen bad. Had to polish the bore of the plunger with my dremel, get a new plunger and put it back together with some grease. Now I remove it and grease it regularly and DO NOT lube the cable when it's on the bike. If you are not really good with a drill and tap, you might just consider leaving it until you can make sure you get it right the first time. Mine was stuck bad and I started to worry I was going to have to replace my carb body. Good luck, definitely take it off the bike and be really careful drilling. The plunger is soft brass and it is surrounded with almuminum. GO SLOW my friend.

• 5 weeks later...

my 06 did the exact same .. . .a bit of water got onto the part that goes into the carby n siezed the hotstart rite up so i couldnt pull it at all . .. i just took it in n they fixed her up . . however just yesterday i went over the hangers n snapped my hot start cable ;/

Mine froze up on my 06 kxf450 took carb off spray down the copper plunger with wd -40 let it sit over night then took a pair off needle nose pliers and carefully hang

ed it out.i took some bell ray grease and lubed it up and put it back together now i have a habit of just working that lever to make sure the hot start dont get stuck again