Sign in to follow this  

is this a deal for a bike???????

NEW in the crate 2006 Rm 250 5485.00 + tax what do you all think should I go for it?

No deal at all. MSRP is $6000. If the bike is in the box you need to assemble the bike and other misc. stuff. Most dealers charge between $300-$400 for this. Then add in the tax and your pretty much at MSRP. You should call them back and ask for an "out the door" price.

No deal at all. MSRP is $6000. If the bike is in the box you need to assemble the bike and other misc. stuff. Most dealers charge between $300-$400 for this. Then add in the tax and your pretty much at MSRP. You should call them back and ask for an "out the door" price.

Dealer said no set up fee

Dealer said no set up fee

here in california get R.C edition for 5400 otd and were a little more expensive than the rest of the you........I would say no more than 5000 otd

no, my brand new 06 crf450 was just a couple houndred more than that. bring it down to around 5

no, my brand new 06 crf450 was just a couple houndred more than that. bring it down to around 5

BTW the dealer was giving me 2700.00 for a trade

I would take it in the crate, so you can lube the suspension right away and you get a chance to check to ensure all the bolts are tight. $5K and no more.

I would take it in the crate, so you can lube the suspension right away and you get a chance to check to ensure all the bolts are tight. $5K and no more.

That's good advice. If you're confident in your abilities (basic mechanic skills), why would you want some idiot at the shop to do it?

its too band the dealer wont let you do that. its some kind of liability

NEW in the crate 2006 Rm 250 5485.00 + tax what do you all think should I go for it?

I have a Freind that wants to sell his 05'RM 250 w/ about $1500 in extras w/ only 9 hours on it for $4200 stock tires not a scratch. Scared the sh**t out of him :thumbsup:

its too band the dealer wont let you do that. its some kind of liability

shop told me that I would have to sign a waiver saying the bike was in perfect condition when I recieved it

I still don't think it is a "deal". It's not a bad price, but deal, no. I bought my 2006 yz250 in December 2005 out the door set up and including tax $5800 and change. Now that is a deal. If you don't have to have a new bike this sounds like a deal

I have a Freind that wants to sell his 05'RM 250 w/ about $1500 in extras w/ only 9 hours on it for $4200 stock tires not a scratch. Scared the sh**t out of him :ride:

depending on shipping. Good luck, keep looking or talk them down. :thumbsup:

here in california get R.C edition for 5400 otd and were a little more expensive than the rest of the you........I would say no more than 5000 otd

I would have to see this to believe it. MSRP is $7000, if this is true you should buy some and sell them for $6500