DRZ windshield

• 4 weeks later...

just installed my Cee Bailey last night on my DRZ400S. First commute in to work (85 miles each way) this morning. I love this windshield. It is "just right" in the height, and looks good, too. Very quiet. No buffeting of helmet. Seems to be very high quality and is quite thick. Looks kinda like a large sport bike windscreen. Overall, I'm thrilled. It made this mornings ride at 60 degrees and 70 mph a real treat. Before I was wore out when I got to work from just trying to hold on!

The parabellum looks like a good shield. Pretty big and kind of ugly, but probably more coverage than the Cee Bailey.

Just finally got mine put on last weekend as I had to make brackets to keep it from flexing the headlight shroud backwards at speed and rubbing on the front brake line.

I am happy now after customizing, if anyone has similar problems let me know and I'll try to post pics of the brackets I made.

jFirst commute in to work (85 miles each way) this morning.

Yikes... I love my DRZ but I would be on my cruiser most days for that trip. You must be racking up the miles. What tires are you running, gotta be costing you a fortune just in tires alone.

just installed my Cee Bailey........................ It is "just right" in the height, and looks good, too. Very quiet. No buffeting of helmet. Seems to be very high quality .........................

The parabellum looks like ...................t probably more coverage than the Cee Bailey.

So, what is your eye level seated. For example, when I'm sitting on a firm bench, my eye level is 34". My brother's eye level measures 32" even tho he's 3" taller than me. What works for me doesn't work the same for him.

Here a buch of threads on the topic:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1796595

I have a parabellum, it has worked fantastic for me. I would recommend it. I mean if your going to have a windshield on the bike, it should work great instead of just ok.

Link doesn't work for me. I get the "Sorry-no matches" warning.

I've had the Cee Bailey for about 4 months (see garage). The windshield itself is of high quality but:

1. It sits to low to shield your head from the wind (I'm 5'10'')

2. Bugs and dirt get between the plastic and the shield making it difficult to clean.

A good visored helmet has worked much better for me.

I'm running Avon Gripsters. Supposed to last several thousand miles. I have 1,500 on them and just now wearing off the little nub feelers. they were $150 for the pair, but at 55 mpg vs 14 mpg for my truck, it saves me over $100 a week. That will buy a lot of tires.

As far as the shield height - it hits me about chin level, I guess. I installed it with the little plastic spacers, which rake it away from me a bit. The wind blast hits at the top of my helmet, but doesn't seem to buffet me around. Since I ride with a full face street helmet, it doesn't bother me.

The brackets sound like a good idea. I installed late last night, and did the garage flex test, and it looked like it might move. I safety wired both sides of the headlight shell to a triple clamp bolt as a temporary precaution. Seems okay. My bigger problem is the brake line, like you mentioned. When seated I can't see the numbers on my speedo, now. In desperation this morning I stopped and cable tied it to my crossbar (would sure suck off-road as it ripped the line off!). Tonight I'll look at the problem.

Amazed at the increase in stability at speed. Before the shield 70 MPH was a struggle to hold on, and the bike liked to death wobble. Now it is smooth as glass up to 80.

Pretty happy, so far. Works well and doesn't look like hammered ass...

Check my garage. Added the shield and front signal mod. Helps stabilize it a bit.

I put thicker spacers in (I'm 6'4") and +1 on the bugs.

Have DRC and New sigs to go on tonight, will update you.

Jury is still out though.

? UPDATE :applause:

Well, tried riding with it off for a couple of days.

WOW, what a difference. Above 30 it feels like a concrete block on your chest and you're sliding off the bike!

I'm going to pop it back on tonight and add longer spacers on the top 2 bolts to get teh wind up, over my head better.

Parrabellum... Big? Yes. Ugly? Depends on your opinion. Works good? Oh yes! Flexes in the wind? No. Blocks my view in any way? No. Keeps the ice cold wind from freezing my butt off in winter? No, but it makes a huge difference, I wouldn't commute in the winter without it. I have nothing but compliments to/for Parabellum.

My tires have been "The Deathwings". I used up two sets now and got 6000 miles front and rear both sets. I think that's pretty good considering they are dual sport tires, and I do ride offroad, mostly trails but every now and then I climb a few steep rocky hills around here.