Sign in to follow this  

Excellent service from Suzuki

Need to mention this. Three weeks ago I get home from a ride and noticed my rear disc guard had taken a nasty knock, it had quite a large hole in it and cracks but the disc was fine. I went to the dealer and ordered a new guard which they ordered. Within two weeks I had a new guard from Japan to SA. I think that is pretty good. In fact all the parts I have ever ordered through my Suzuki dealer never took longer than two weeks shipped :thumbsup:

I've never bought aftermarket parts which may be even faster but it's one more reason why I love my DRZ so much, it's never a problem to keep it in top shape ! Prices are pretty good too, what I needed in 25 000 miles :

Shift lever spring $ 2.50

Disc guard $ 20.00

Clutch cable $33.00

Shims $ 3.00

Right side gasket $ 5

Steering stem bearing $ 35

Not to bad eh ? This excludes the oil and filters I buy often.

How 's the Suzuki service in your area ?

There's a Suzuki dealer here in the city of St. John's Newfoundland that's first rate, too. They keep the prices down, and parts which have to be ordered always show up within days, and usually sooner than they estimate.

The dealer's name is ARGO. And they are located on Topsail Road.

:thumbsup:

If you keep riding those rocks you should get some billet disk guards front and rear. Won't be long before your ordering another rear plastic guard. The plastic guards are more for keeping mud and crap off your disc, not really for impact protection.

There is a thread around here somewhere about me bitching and moaning about poor service with all Japanese brands... I almost sold the bike because of it.