Sign in to follow this  

CRF450x Front End

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to alter the geometry of the 450x to take some weight off the front end?

My suspension has been revalved and sprung for my weight and I am running 100mm of Race sag. I am totally happy with how the suspension works but have never been able to get the bike to turn with confidence (front tucks/understeers/washes out). The situation was improved by going to a D756 and running 16psi (min) pressure and I have since managed to ride around some of the problem by sitting as far back on the seat as possible (or leaning back when in the standing position) but feel a fix to this problem would totally transform the bike...

Adjust your race sag to take some weight off the front end. 100mm is not set in stone and 105-110mm can feel better, every rider is different and positions himself on the bike differently thus the race sag can be adjusted differently. You can also lower the forks in the triple clamps and slow down the rebound on the forks. Dont be afraid to experiment. Good luck!

16psi is way to high. 12psi is standard, you can go as low as 10 in sand.

Try 12 unless you are in extreme rocks.

Many thanks Guys - I'll give your suggestions a go...