Sign in to follow this  

heads up on Yosh system install

be carefull when threading in the bolt that holds the mid pipe to the frame. It is a little long, and without an extra washer, it will hit the mid pipe, making a cute little dimple. I noticed this just a second too late, although the resultant dimple is miniscule, it chapped my hide just a bit. The extra washer keeps it from hitting the pipe now.

thats good or bad to know, depending :thumbsup: I dont think my "customized" yosh system has less flow now, but putting the dimple in it wasnt the highlight of the install. I was so sweaty and bloody at that point, I was just glad that the midpipe mount lined up with the frame hole at all. They need to put a rubber mallet as a required tool in the directions.

I read somewhere on here to cut a couple of threads off it. That's what I did, and now I'm dimple free.

Mine goes on tomorrow. Just got it today. Thanks for the heads-up. Not looking forward to the sweaty and bloody part. Is it really going to be that rough Punisher?

I did the same damn thing! I was so p.o.'d. Why doesn't Yoshi give us a shorter bolt?

You just had to point that out didnt you? I never would have noticed! Yup, dimpled mine.

ishepherd, the RS-3 went on nice and easy, even with Unabikers. I put the header on loosely then the rest of the exhaust (loose), then just tweaked everything in small increments until it fell into place. Just take your time, step back, have a couple of brewski's, go back to tweaking it in.

it is hard to get the midpipe and the header pipe all the way together. Use alot of wd-40 and have a rubber mallet handy. I banged on the header pipe while holding the midpipe to get them together.

yea..they shoulda mentioned about that bolt.

luckily i noticed that before i installed it and now the only dimples i saw were just above my girls tush! hahahah

All done! The new Yoshi sounds awesome! I took Viktobravo's advice and left everything very loose and had a couple of beers to promote patience. The key (for me at least) to getting the header and midpipe together was keeping the header bolts as loose as possible. In fact, one fell off during the process and I put it on after the fact. I tightened the other one up to make the threads come through the gasket. Everything else went smooth.

I did manage to scratch up the canister a little on the upper mount. No biggie. It's covered up by the number plate.

One other note. I ended up using the hex chassis bolt from the original exhaust. I just cut it a little shorter than the bolt provided. Look a little better to me.