Sign in to follow this  

!!! Clean and lube your TTR choke plunger !!!

As we all know the TTR choke plunger in the carb can get gunked up and sieze in the carb causing all kinds of troubles.

So this is a reminder to get out there and pull that sucker outta the carb and clean and lube it good so it dont sieze up.

That should be a bi-monthly mainenantce item on these bikes.

As we all know the TTR choke plunger in the carb can get gunked up and sieze in the carb causing all kinds of troubles.

So this is a reminder to get out there and pull that sucker outta the carb and clean and lube it good so it dont sieze up.

it usually gives you warning when it starts geting hard to pull out. i cleaned mine and lubed it up a few months ago and it has worked fine since. once a month should be good enought but twice would remove all doubt i guess :thumbsup:

yzman clean your pm's. i hae a couple questions for you. thanks

Is this limited to the TT-R 125 or does it extend to the 225, 230, and 250? I ask because although the choke plunger on my bike hasn't given me any problems in the 2 years I've owned it, it seems like it as the potential to have issues if a grain of sand got in there. I like the design of the choke off of the Kehin FCR carbs better

Any plunger style choke has these issues, thats why I scrapped ours and did a 26mm Keihin. No sticky plunger, and more get up and go! :thumbsup:

On my old OneTwoFive, even after I lubed it, it pulled extremly hard. Weird.

Ahhh, not my problem now.

does it show u how to do it in the manual? i've never done it and my choke has been easy as cake to pull up. now ur just scaring me :thumbsup:

What do you use for lube on the plunger?

A light oil will do fine, be sure to clean the bore and piston plunger REAL good prior tu lubing, I would reccommend steel wool.

yzman clean your pm's. i hae a couple questions for you. thanks

Pm's cleaned and flushed.

I forgot I posted this thread. Stumbled in here today and thought....Ohhh yeaaaa I did post that didn't I :thumbsup:

Im not sure which models have that plunger style choke. I know the ttr90 and 125 have it. If your choke is pulling hard you need to clean it out. If not just put in the back of your head that it needs to be done in the next month or so.

And by Bi-monthly I mean every other month. if you ride a lot that would be a good schedule.

All I ever do is take it apart and clean/polish the plunger with something like scotch brite pad (if needed). Lube the plunger up with something like Tri-flow spray lube. Lube the cable and put it all back together. Good to go.

Pm's cleaned and flushed.

I forgot I posted this thread. Stumbled in here today and thought....Ohhh yeaaaa I did post that didn't I :thumbsup:

Im not sure which models have that plunger style choke. I know the ttr90 and 125 have it. If your choke is pulling hard you need to clean it out. If not just put in the back of your head that it needs to be done in the next month or so.

And by Bi-monthly I mean every other month. if you ride a lot that would be a good schedule.

All I ever do is take it apart and clean/polish the plunger with something like scotch brite pad (if needed). Lube the plunger up with something like Tri-flow spray lube. Lube the cable and put it all back together. Good to go.

how do you take the plunger apart? mine is stiff so i know it has to be done.

how do you take the plunger apart? mine is stiff so i know it has to be done.
dont take it apart just out of the carb and clean it