Sign in to follow this  

anyone ever lower a te?

i need to lower a 04 te 250 for my wife to ride.are there any suspension "links" out there to lower the rear? any info would be helpful :thumbsup:

I did my wifes '04 CR125 which is damn near identical to the TE's. All you can do is run the forks up and put a spacer in the shock. A 1" spacer lowers it pretty good but reduces shock travel by almost 3". Life is a compromise. The reason the bikes are so tall is because of the 12" of rear travel.

Les @ LT Racing lowered my wife's 05 TE450 for her and it has been working pretty well. He also revalved and respringed the bike to her weight. You can call Les and talk to him about your bike @ 360-871-2259 9 to 5 pacific time. Easy to talk to helpful guy.

I think next I am going to change the seat to have less foam. I noticed that there is a lot of foam under the front and I am thinking of making like a trail seat that has the same amount of foam in the front as the back. That should lower her down about another two inches and that would be very helpful for more technical single track riding.

Yep, mine is set lower (450 TE , 05 ). I didn't myself, but it has been done the same like Flame said. I'm 1m83 high (not that smal) but it's much easier to drive when the bike is a littlebit lower.

When you have shitty moments were you need your whole body to get out of that shitty place:foul: , you need sometimes al your power and feet to push you out. ( yéyé a husky can't get out sometimes on his own :thumbsup: )

One negative point : Now when the bike is stand on his sidestand, he is standing really stread, I'll have to change that, otherwise some day he'll fall down :ride:

I went 1.5 inches lower on my 05 TE450.... Halls (in Springfield IL) did it. No prob's other than a leaky fork seal. Give them a yell, they are very helpful.

Lowered my te 510 40mm not sure in inches but i am taking it back to be put back where it was as i find it does not suit were i mainly ride. To close to the ground and i am knocking feet of pegs when dropping into ruts ect. So type of riding , how fast your riding should be taken into consideration.