Sign in to follow this  

Elbow Pads

How many of you wear elbow pads? If so, what is a good protective, lightweight pad? I haven't used them in the past, but I took a spill a few weeks ago and my elbow is still very sore. As I get older, I feel the need to protect my body more.

I bought a set and wore them for about 5 mins and threw them away! I had the Oneal ones that are like a sleeve and they were just too hot and uncomfortable. I haven't tried any other types.

I ride with some O'neal pads and also some Skateboard Pads. I like the O'neals but again there hot in the summer. I've been using just the elbow pads. I never ride without them. It's part of my everyday gear.

i got a pair of evs my dad got them for me andi was like man elbow pads are gonna mess me up but they dont they acutally make u feel a little more cinfident i like them they are comfortable u just have to give them a chance

Thanks for the comments guys!

HFD - That looks pretty bulky. Is it comfortable? How's the fit? I'm really just looking for some light weight elbow pads but it seems that the one piece unit may help keep the pas from slipping down your arms....

I currently ride with Oneal sleeves in the woods, but the last two years (riding for 3 years) I havent worn them on the MX track. I do crash more then I like to admit but the elbows are usually spared on race day with a nice groomed track.

that jacket is more for the offroad/freestyle guys, not really any mx'ers use it.

I have never worn elbow pads i find them restrictive and undomfortable. I can not think of any one i know or pro riders that ride with elbow pads.

I wear Thor Force elbow guards. They aren't that bad,... and I'm easily annoyed. :thumbsup:

Well, maybe I'm being a wuss... but, I landed on it pretty hard and it's been sore for weeks. If I can prevent it with some comfortable pads I'll sacrifice my manhood a bit.

that jacket is more for the offroad/freestyle guys, not really any mx'ers use it.

I have never worn elbow pads i find them restrictive and undomfortable. I can not think of any one i know or pro riders that ride with elbow pads.

Actually I know a few that wear that model. I wear the 661 light preasure suit. Sometimes I wear just an under roost protector, and I wish I had some elbow protection on those days. I think I am going to try out the new EVS Glider or Gasket.

I have tryed the EVS Option two strap style pads and I have to wear them too tight to stay in place. If anyone wants them paypal me 6 bucks and I'll ship them too you. They have three laps on them, not even any sweat. PM me if interrested.

I have the O'Neal "sleeve" type some of the others mentioned. They seem a bit uncomfortable at first, and they are definitely a little hot, especially on summer days, but after you go out on the track you don't really feel them anymore. When I come back in for a break I take them off and cool down. They protect the forearm too which is nice, but if you have shorter arms they will rub your wrists. They come nearly to my gloves, so fit well without slipping around. Knee pads are on the way!

I wear the fox raptor elbow guards. They do tend to slide down. The problem when I crash is when my elbow hits the ground it usually jars my hole shoulder and back which locks up for days. I have to tell my wife that I hurt my back unloading my back. Anyway, I will probably looking at body armor.

I might look into that suit set up. The last two times riding, I've taken mild spills and both times my elbow/forearm guards slid up and I still got pretty bad roadrash on my upper forearm and elbow.

If I'm going to wear some gear, it better work!

I wear the fox raptor elbow guards. They do tend to slide down. The problem when I crash is when my elbow hits the ground it usually jars my hole shoulder and back which locks up for days. I have to tell my wife that I hurt my back unloading my back. Anyway, I will probably looking at body armor.

05 CRF450r

Its okay to ride here, I know the guy who posted the "No Tresspassing" sign.

I know what you mean. I've made up some stories to cover for my injuries too.

Thanks for the comments guys!

HFD - That looks pretty bulky. Is it comfortable? How's the fit? I'm really just looking for some light weight elbow pads but it seems that the one piece unit may help keep the pas from slipping down your arms....

Its not bulky at all. If your not use to wearing elbow pads, it takes a little to get use to it. If you wear elbow pads and a chest protector already, it will feel normal. I like it, added protection without feeling it.

The Ulner(sp) nerve runs along elbow. A chipped elbow (not hard to do) will cause the nerve (depending on where YOUR nerve is located) to be irritated. This results in lingering problems. I know personally. Elbow protection is a good thing.

I saw a guy crash on Saturday and ended up with an egg sized knot on his elbow. His elbows are so smashed up from crashes that he gets fluid build-up with the slightest impact. The only way to get rid of it is to have the Dr drain it. He says he's had to have it done twice this season..... &%$#@!?

But, he's too cool to wear elbow pads?...