4st-back to 2-st?

how many have been back and forth 250f-450f...to me the 250f isnt enough and dont feel like putting 10gs into it for it to blow and racing a 450 is heavy, demanding and not all that much fun........250 2-st might be the perfect bike after all if set up right........

I did just that recently. For the past year, I have owned an 04 CRF 450. I sold it and now own a 2006 YZ 250. It was a great choice. No valves, no overheating and cheaper top ends.

quite few have and see more and more all the time.......

I did just that recently. For the past year, I have owned an 04 CRF 450. I sold it and now own a 2006 YZ 250. It was a great choice. No valves, no overheating and cheaper top ends.

Great choice. I have the same bike, totally awsome bike.

I am considering it. I love my RMZ 250, but dread the day of a rebuild. I am pretty easy on bikes, but in my mond a 250 Stroke would be fun. Just not looking forward to jetting it.

Will

Jetting a 2 stroke isn't that hard really, if I can do it............ ?

I've thought about it, and I think my endurance would be much better on a 2smoke since the 450 is such a beast to ride. But with all the training I've put in on the 450 to adapt, I think switching now would throw me off my pace.

Dumped my crf250r for a ktm 125sx. Dont regret it at all. Best thing i could have done.

For some reason i go around a track faster on the 125 than i ever did on the thumper. I think the thumper made me a lazy rider. O well.

I have an '05 RM-Z450 and I'm giving some serious thought to going back to a RM250.

A guy blew everyone away at a race over the weekend....expert class and was on an 07 250sx ktm and said he really liked it and how light it was and he came off an rmz450......he was pretty impressive

Ive ridden both a 125 and a 250F and you couldnt pay me enough money to ride a 125.

Everyone I know blows up their 125s 3-4 times a year, where as everyone I know with a 250F has had zero problems.

2-strokes are cheaper to rebuild but you have to rebuild them a lot more often.

Ive ridden both a 125 and a 250F and you couldnt pay me enough money to ride a 125.

Everyone I know blows up their 125s 3-4 times a year, where as everyone I know with a 250F has had zero problems.

2-strokes are cheaper to rebuild but you have to rebuild them a lot more often.

Not true whatsoever. With proper maitenence, and for the average rider, a 2-stroke topend will last just as long, if not longer than that of a 4-stroke.