Sign in to follow this  

Yz Drowns Easily

I think i need some help to waterproof my bike. I went for a rough offroad ride yesterday after rain. There were deep mud puddles and my bike would cut out really easily in them. I cant tell if its from water roosting from the back tire into the airbox, or water getting into the float or something. It was getting so aggrivating. The puddles were really deep but below the muffler and airbox. Most of the times it dorwned was after i got through the deepest parts of the puddle. I would drop into 2nd or first so I could keep it in the powerband and it would go fine under 2 feet of water but once i got into shallower water like a foot or less, it would bog and die even if i grabbed the clutch and revved. I think it might be some of the vents on the carb because I was looking at my friends KTM 200 and some of the hoses coming out of the carb go up instead of down like all mine do. Anyone know which ones are overflow?

Your profile does not list which bike you own. If it is a modern yz, the first place I would look is to the bottom of the airbox. There is a giant hole there that lets stuff in.

My 95' yz250 does the same thing, i was crossing rivers though. it doesnt die just bogs real bad