Sign in to follow this  

oil drain bolt washer

Does the 2006 KX250F have a washer on the 14mm oil drain bolt. I have searched and can't seem to find a answer. :thumbsup:

I can't find the gasket anywhere, does it usually come off with the 14mm bolt or stick to the crankcase?. I ordered a new one and I probably won't get it until next week, would it be OK if I rode without the metal gasket?

I think it would probably leak pretty bad. You might be able to find a fiber washer at a hardware store that might seal it temporarily.

i think without the washer it might go to deep and strip.

id say just get a thin washer crank it up if it leaks it leaks then if it doesnt it doesnt. go do a minute around the parkin lot and check or something.

Go to an auto parts store like Pepboys or what every you have locally and see if they have a " crush washer " . Just remember to take the bolt with you for size !

Good luck .

.The washer is aluminum and it would be fine not to use it, the cases are aluminum so they would seal fine for a short use.

Aluminum or brass washer from the plumbing department works good. You can see the brass washers on the bolt or engine case. The aluminum ones tend to blend in and hide. :thumbsup:

I put in a steel washer and it looks like it is not leaking so I am going to race this weekend :thumbsup: , I ordered the stock washer.

Dont Use Steel Washers !!! Try To Find Aluminum Washers, They Crush Better And Provide For A Better Seal !!!

There is also a washer on the smaller trani drain bolt that hides and falls out in drain pans etc.......seems like it could strip easier and not torque right without the washer.....