The tire thread

Hey guys,im lookin for some new tires and am trying to get some peoples opinions.I have been trying to do a search for the past half hour but it keeps saying its been temporarily disabled.What are you guys runnin and how is it workin out for ya?ill probably repost this in the mx technique forum but thought i would start here first.I mostly ride hardpack with loose soil on top so would be looking for a good hardpack/intermediate tire.Lets hear some opinions.

I love the 756 up front and just recently put a Michellinn MH3 on the back for everything all at once. It is an intermediate/ hard tire and it goes through sand fine. It is holding up quite well. I was just getting tired of spanking the 756s in back.

Why dont you like dunlops?

ive had nothing but good luck with them, and they hold better than anything else ive ran :ride:

i dont mind the front, but the 756 rear hasnt held up good at all for me, everytime i get one, it either gets shreaded up by a rock, or slides everywhere on damp or wet conditions, the maxxis has been my favorite tire in the woods so far, id take a 756 on the track i guess (maybe i dont hate them), but i tryed a pirelli today for the first time, its hooking way better then my previous 756, so far so good..

the maxxis si has held up on my smaller bikes better the any tire yet..

i went threw 4 smoke shows, a backyard motard race, and 6 months of pure beating and it hasnt died yet ? so i take that for small bikes

Just to give you a little feedback on Bridgestones. I put one of those 401A "4 stroke compound" tires on the front and it rocks. Way better traction and longevity that the stock Dunlop.

I had a standard 402 on the back. It sucked ass for longevity. Wore it out as quick as the Dunlop stocker. I just bought a 402A and although the hook-up is awesome, the jury still out on how long it will last. I have an hour meter and document everything so I will know how it compares to the standard formulas.

BTW, I ride intermediate-hard pack terrain.

Most guys in this forum swear by the Dunlop 952 (rear). It's supposed to be a longer lasting, quality MX tire at a reasonanle price. Probably the best value out there.

Try Metzlers Mc4, I Have Them On My 05 Crf 450r And They Work Better Than Any Other Tire I Have Tryed, And I Have Tryed Them All !!! Dont Get The Mc5 They Are A Pound Or Two Heavier, Unless You Dont Care About Unsprung Weight,but They Will Last A Little Longer(slightlly Harder Compound) They Both Have Stiffer Sidewalls Than Other Tires So You Can Lower The Pressure A Few Pounds And Get Great Bite Without Feeling Like Your Running On Flats !!!

Just to give you a little feedback on Bridgestones. I put one of those 401A "4 stroke compound" tires on the front and it rocks. Way better traction and longevity that the stock Dunlop.

I had a standard 402 on the back. It sucked ass for longevity. Wore it out as quick as the Dunlop stocker. I just bought a 402A and although the hook-up is awesome, the jury still out on how long it will last. I have an hour meter and document everything so I will know how it compares to the standard formulas.

BTW, I ride intermediate-hard pack terrain.

Most guys in this forum swear by the Dunlop 952 (rear). It's supposed to be a longer lasting, quality MX tire at a reasonanle price. Probably the best value out there.

We like the 402A. It lasts much longer the 756's.

the 756 rear on my CRF lasted no time.....on my 230 i had a maxxis tire and it sucked!! lasted like 3 weeks!!the best i have had so far is the carlsbad(intermediate-hard) or metzeler MC6 (hard terrain).........also my buddy has a michelin starcross mh3 on his CR125 and that is holding up awesome for him.....and he rides hard! its a bit pricey tho.......

I just put a set of 952's on. I didn't like the Kenda Milleville front for intermediate hardpack and clay. Had a Maxxis rear and it was fair. The 952 rear seems to grip pretty good in barely moist hardpack and in loose powdery sand/dirt. They are cheap so if they wear out fast, it ain't a big deal to get another rear.