Sign in to follow this  

The Tire Thread

Hey guys,im lookin for some new tires and am trying to get some peoples opinions.I have been trying to do a search for the past half hour but it keeps saying its been temporarily disabled.What are you guys runnin and how is it workin out for ya?ill probably repost this in the mx technique forum but thought i would start here first.I mostly ride hardpack with loose soil on top so would be looking for a good hardpack/intermediate tire.Lets hear some opinions.

Tire choice varies depending on your riding terrain. I've been happy w/ the Maxxis I/T series. They work well and wear like iron at a price that will make you smile all the way to the bank! :thumbsup:

Another vote for the Maxxis IT the rear is awesome. On the front I'm running a michelin.. don't remember what one right now though

I was dispointed with my maxxis IT. Once the knobbies started to round off the tiniest bit it seemed like it lose all of its traction. Currently, I am running a D756 for the front and a D952 for the rear. I have been very happy with both for my conditions. For you I would recommend the same thing. I have about 5 hours of track time on my D952 rear and it still looks pretty good. I ride a 450 so for it to look as good as it does is pretty remarkable. Both ends grip very very well.

Another vote for Maxxis IT sucks. Oh nevermind, the guys said it was awesome.haha. I seriously hate the Maxxis IT, its too squirrely and it doesn't last as long as people say unless they are slow trail riders.

I love the Michelin MH3 rear. I have a MS3 front but will probably try a MH3 front next too.

mitchlen (sp) starcross series. been running that setup for about 3 years now on all my bikes that i have/had (125, 250f, and 450)