Sign in to follow this  

Suspension Help

hey guys,Ive recently noticed something a bit troubling with my suspension.I have set the sag to 100 mm race and got a 30 mm static reading.The bike seems a fair bit shorter than it used to be but also seems less springy.When i push down on the bike it doesn't rebound up to where it used to be.What could this be?It was recently done by proaction so im skeptical that its worn out but im looking for opinions.Thnx in advance.

im always rechecking it as i have a sag setter which makes it easy.Could the linkage bearinhgs need regreasing?could the shock be worn out?

when was the last time you regreased them?, i regrease mine every 4 months, and i need to start doing it sooner because they are always dry..

if it was done by a company (pro action) they completely go threw it and replace what needs to be replaced, or worn out parts are you sitting on the same part pf the seat every time?

The first thing to do is check all settings. Sag, Compression, Hi & Low rebound. Did they change somehow? If you are not sure ask your suspension company that you gave money to.

I think it's your linkage or possibly your rebound ajustment. Check rebound clicker, if that is good, inspect linkage.

What year is your bike and how long has it been ridden either by you or someone else?

It simply might just need a rebuild.

if you are talking about rider vs. free sag those figures indicate you are on the edge of needing next heavier spring.if you are concerned with lack of "springieness" that is either lack of nitrogen,or rebound setting.how does it handle?to slow of rebound will cauase packing =harshness,side to side swap.

if you are talking about rider vs. free sag those figures indicate you are on the edge of needing next lighter spring.if you are concerned with lack of "springieness" that is either lack of nitrogen,or rebound setting.how does it handle?to slow of rebound will cauase packing =harshness,side to side swap.