Sign in to follow this  

XR400R triple clamp offset: Does anyone know?

Ok, XR400 guys...I am not going to believe the DRZ guys know this on their bikes and no one here seems to know:

What is the stock offset of the XR400R triple clamps?

XR400 stock offset is 24 mm. The same as the 04 CRF. I got this information from BRP. They have 22mm and 20mm offsets for the CRF also.

XR400 stock offset is 24 mm. The same as the 04 CRF. I got this information from BRP. They have 22mm and 20mm offsets for the CRF also.

Excellent! Once again Rockjockey comes through. You have got to be one of the most knowedgable guys when it comes to the XR400.

I was just curious...I am going to convert my dual sport XR400 to a set of inverted forks since the first conversion worked out so well and I was shopping for triple clamps and wanted to see what the diference was between the stock XR units and the CRF clamps available.

Thanks!

Nope, sorry, but I really do not understand the supermoto thing. Slicks on dirtbikes? It makes about as much sense to me a the pocket bike fad.

Supermoto is popular, no doubt, but is is not for me. I do not even like riding on pavement, it scare the hell out of me!

I'm with you on the fad thing, they look cool though until you get caught in the rain. I noticed the XR4 platformed supermoto Honda is marketing has tread on the tires. As far as street riding on bikes goes I've been there/done that and due to the disrespect given to bike riders from the general public now days I'm through with that.

As far as street riding on bikes goes I've been there/done that and due to the disrespect given to bike riders from the general public now days I'm through with that.

I'd rather be riding my XR and be hated by Joe (or Joanne) Public than adored by them and driving a Daiwoo (LOL yup I got one of those too).

Also I'd rather be riding my XR on monday through to the next monday and because my work precludes me from riding trails midweek that means I must ride around town (as opoposed to driving) to get my bikefix . I'd rather ride on hardtop with good road tyres than on knobbies. It takes me 45 minutes to change from dirt wheels to road wheels (I change the chain and all) and I enjoy every minute of it (it is very theraputic and I rather be tinkering on my bike than watching some reality crap on TV). I don't race motard but I have a hellavalotta fun riding during the week.

With absolutely NO hesitation I reccomend that ANYONE who likes to ride midweek fix up a set of roadwheels. Anyone wants to know how to do it on the cheap let me know and I will throw in my $0.002 worth.

Meatbomb........

I agree...nothing beats getting home from work and jumping on the XR for a rode around town...(instead of watching tv...)

Please elaborate on the street tire/rim "Cheapo" setup. I've been thinking about the myself..Maybe start a new tread...