Yes, the NEW DR-Z450!

Today I was with my DRZ-E dealer, who is active with grey imports from Germany.

He claimed to have ordered two DR-Z450's in the blind.

Suzuki Germany claimed that they will have the aluminium frame, wheels and the suspension of the RMZ450, while the engine is the 450FI from the quad, 5 gears, no reverse ?

Nothing, absolutely nothing can be found on the internet. No press announcements, spy pictures, nothing...

So he will have two of the first bikes available in Europe, although they don't know if it has a kat nor does he know if they are platable. He might turn them into MX'es.

He already sells the enduro version of the RMZ450's and sells about 2 DRZ-E's a month, so he knows what he is talking about. His brother was the national champ enduro 2003 on his DRZ400K!

It sounds nice, although still no 6th gear :ride:

Noppy

I would rather prefer the DR-Z450S, because that will appear as the most difficult challenge. Building the DR-Z450E will me easier, because it will not have to be plated in all countries or states.

By the way, you may checkout my dealers website at www.overveldparts.nl Please don't call him; he simply ordered but is puzzled as well! And also please respect our different time zone if you do!

Noppy

Can anyone read Japanese? I found an article about concept bikes I think http://www.fullgaz.co.il/project.php?id=4 . If you scroll down to the Suzuki DRZ 400 SMR and click on the link there is a picture of an RMZ450 Supermoto by the bottom of the page. The Yamaha MT-03- looks pretty cool too.

Is that a DRC Edge-2 tail light on the DRZ400SMR?

It's Israeli not Japanese. That DRZ concept has been knocking around for a while but I dont think we will see it for a while. It's a pity because if you look at enduro or SM race results it is always the Orange bike in the top spot. Be nice to see a Yellow bike up there.

Here is what Suzuki should do, take the RMZ frame and suspension. Bump the proven DRZ motor up to 450 cc as stock and add E cams and add a sixth gear. The motor will have enough power and will still be very reliable and not as maintenance intensive as some of the other bikes. Now just add the lights and voila ! ?:ride::applause:

Dan,

You are right, except for the sixth gear ? It will not be there.

I hoped the engine would have been derived from the quad with room/space for the reverse gear, so it would make sense to use the space available in the two wheel bike to mount a sixth gear.

But unfortunately these quads don't seem to have a reverse.

But all in all, it's good news isn't it?

Noppy