Sign in to follow this  

JD Jet kit + Yosh. RS-3 + 3x3...

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Night and day. I can't keep the front wheel on the ground!!! I'm pulling wheelies and I'm not even trying!!! HIGHLY recommend the upgrade. I've been told I am one of the first to get the JD jet kit. I have no experience with the Dyno jet kit but this kit is great and more versatile from what I've been told. :applause::thumbsup::applause: P.S. If anyone is in Vegas and needs work done, let me know I have a GREAT mechanic who is very inexpensive. :ride:

It's good to hear of such a good experience. I was torn between the JD kit and the DJ kit. i went with the DJ because of popularity.

What needle? What main? Did you change the pilot? You in vegas or henderson and which shop?

thanks, matt

What part number? His web site shows one kit for S/SM/E and that can't be right...

JD Kit

DougJ yes that's the one I got it on the TT store. MSTRAV I didn't do the work so I'm not sure what he changed them to but it is set up for the Las Vegas altitude. I live in Summerlin (north west). The guy I had do the work does it out of his home in the same area. If your intrested in his work P.M. me and I'll give you his name and number. :thumbsup::ride:

Did you do all the mods at once and noticed the difference, or just the JD kit?

DougJ yes that's the one I got it on the TT store. MSTRAV I didn't do the work so I'm not sure what he changed them to but it is set up for the Las Vegas altitude. I live in Summerlin (north west). The guy I had do the work does it out of his home in the same area. If your intrested in his work P.M. me and I'll give you his name and number. :thumbsup::ride:

Odd that it lists the same part number for bikes with different carbs... CV on S/SM vs FCR on the E...???

Must just be a misprint but makes ya wonder if you're going to get the right thing, glad to see it's on the TT store though!

Odd that it lists the same part number for bikes with different carbs... CV on S/SM vs FCR on the E...???

Must just be a misprint but makes ya wonder if you're going to get the right thing, glad to see it's on the TT store though!

I don't think that it's a misprint,If you remember correctly the Cal.DRZ-E has a Mikuni bsr-36 cv type carb just like the S and SM models nowadays,and the kit kind of makes reference to that.The E models distributed elsewhere still use the Keihin FCR 39.

i've had the JD kit for almost a week...

i can do wheelies in third gear no prob.... i need practice for 4th....

Like you i have the 3x3 and the rs-3... it makes a noticeable difference w/ the mikuni i must say. I put that kit in because i had the new pipe and it ran WAY to lean. Also, it's going to be a week at least until i get FCR. I'll have to do a butt dyno comparison.

ride safe :thumbsup:

HEY!!! im in vegas too! a few blocks from the santa fe Sta. we should get a ride goin or summin. maybe to red rock??? who knows. i think itd be fun.

05 SM here

I don't think that it's a misprint,If you remember correctly the Cal.DRZ-E has a Mikuni bsr-36 cv type carb just like the S and SM models nowadays,and the kit kind of makes reference to that.The E models distributed elsewhere still use the Keihin FCR 39.

Bumtartder is correct and the information on the ad says calif. E model. Is there any advantage to this kit over the Dynojet 3109 kit? I know with the Dynojet kit you really only use the needle and spring and have to buy separate main and pilot jet. Is this also the case with the JD kit? Which kit has the best needles?

Hopefully, Burned will respond to this thread. :thumbsup:

The dynojet kit I installed came with main jets (about 4 of them) and one of them was what Eddie

suggested to use for my altitude (4600ft)... the 136.

Chainlash, yes I did all the mods at once. I will actually be running the bike on a Dyno this weekend to see what the outcome is. I will post the results when I get them. Gbalias, Send me a PM when you get a chance. I usually ride on the weekend so if I go I'll let you know.