Sign in to follow this  

07 ktm tests

I wish they would have gave some more in dept details about the bikes.

whaaaat? the 250 is just over 200lbs and both are illegal for pro racing at that weight? thats crazy light. i guess since they dont race the 2-strokes in pro racing they dont have to worry bout that. but imagine if somene did want to race them? they'd have to stick weights on the thing

what if ktms had an aluminum frame! :thumbsup: that would be super duper crazy light

whaaaat? the 250 is just over 200lbs and both are illegal for pro racing at that weight? thats crazy light. i guess since they dont race the 2-strokes in pro racing they dont have to worry bout that. but imagine if somene did want to race them? they'd have to stick weights on the thing

Actually, i'm pretty sure by AMA rules it's illegal to stick any kind of ballast on your bike in order to be legal.

what if ktms had an aluminum frame! :thumbsup: that would be super duper crazy light

Actually i think the new frame is actually lighter than an aluminum frame and stronger. I could be wrong though but i am pretty sure.

They said that based on the claimed weights from manufacturer website. They're a little heavier than whats on the website, due to an error in the KG to LB conversion. Atleast this is my understanding.

Actually i think the new frame is actually lighter than an aluminum frame and stronger. I could be wrong though but i am pretty sure.

ok well thats possible. i wonder if its cro-moly?

Aluminum doesn't save much weight, if any, over steel. I still prefer aluminum because it looks good forever.

man i miss that sound, i have thought about getting a 250, but i like my 450 to much, to bad i cant afford to have both!

man i miss that sound, i have thought about getting a 250, but i like my 450 to much, to bad i cant afford to have both!

Agreed! :thumbsup: