Sign in to follow this  

yz or cr 85

I own a Yamaha ttr 125e and and am going to buy a 2cycle bike and I nailed it down to the Yamaha yz 85 or Honda cr 85 witch one do you think I should choose? [price does not matter.]

best move you can make, much better idea then messing around with bore kits and other 4 stroke nonsence hop-ups.

as far as between the two...

whos dealer is closer?

what color do you like better? :ride:

if price does not matter, want to buy me one too? you can buy both and give me the one you dont like. :thumbsup:

You did good on narowing it down because the cr and yz were the best two strokes. If I had the money I would get the yz. When you get one, you should get the expert model in the cr, or the L model for the yz. They come with 19, 16 wheels compared to 17, 14. Kinda like the ttr125, and ttr125L.

You did good on narowing it down because the cr and yz were the best two strokes. If I had the money I would get the yz. When you get one, you should get the expert model in the cr, or the L model for the yz. They come with 19, 16 wheels compared to 17, 14. Kinda like the ttr125, and ttr125L.

there is no L model for the yz. yamaha makes a big wheel kit but its another thing you have to buy. Have you rode an 85? can you handle it well? are you confident on the bike? if the answer it no to most of these questions, i would reccomend an rm85. the bike has a much smoother powerband and is pretty much just as fast.

When I saw this I just had to let you know: a 2 cycle is a 4 stroke and a 1 cycle is a 2 stroke-Dirtbike/Motocross Magazine said this when someone asked the Mxpert if 4 cycle is 4 stroke.

Anyway, I would say go with a YZ85.

I own a Yamaha ttr 125e and and am going to buy a 2cycle bike and I nailed it down to the Yamaha yz 85 or Honda cr 85 witch one do you think I should choose? [price does not matter.]

if your really 18 aren't you a little big for an 85.

When I saw this I just had to let you know: a 2 cycle is a 4 stroke and a 1 cycle is a 2 stroke-Dirtbike/Motocross Magazine said this when someone asked the Mxpert if 4 cycle is 4 stroke.

That's not correct. 4 cycle is a 4 stroke and a 2 cycle is a 2 stroke; I've never even heard of a one cycle engine. To the op, don't get an 85, you're too old and therefore most likely too big for one. If you are a beginner, I suggest you get a yz125. It's a great bike. Lots of power, but still good for a beginner of your age. Good luck!

I'm only 5'9" and I can ride a full size bike without any problems. At 5'6", you're not a midget so I would imagine you can ride a big bike too. I understand what you're saying though. However, 85's are small bikes meant for younger kids. I don't think an 18 yr old should be looking to spend his money on an 85. But if that's what he wants and feels comfortable with, go for it!

you should get a yz or cr125 instead. the 85 will feel really small compared to the 125. Im 5'7 and fit the 125 perfectly.

that actually makes sence if you think about it...

for 18 years old your past the 85 age

well i rode a CR250 and found it was way too big for me to control.. altho it was very light compared to my old CRF230. I always wanted a small two stroke, something i could manhandle instead of vice versa! as soon as i find a tall seat for the 85 and some handlebar risers it will be the perfect bike!

that actually makes sence if you think about it...

for 18 years old your past the 85 age

No, it's wrong. Not trying to be a jerk but I don't want more incorrect info floating around here than needs to be.

That's not correct. 4 cycle is a 4 stroke and a 2 cycle is a 2 stroke; I've never even heard of a one cycle engine. To the op, don't get an 85, you're too old and therefore most likely too big for one. If you are a beginner, I suggest you get a yz125. It's a great bike. Lots of power, but still good for a beginner of your age. Good luck!

technically a 2cycle is a fourstroke, because it takes two full cycles of the piston to make four strokes. and a 1 cycle is on full cycle of the piston, which is two strokes of the piston. :thumbsup:

and i agree with him, you'll get very bored with an 85, try a 125 two stroke.

technically a 2cycle is a fourstroke, because it takes two full cycles of the piston to make four strokes. and a 1 cycle is on full cycle of the piston, which is two strokes of the piston. :thumbsup:

and i agree with him, you'll get very bored with an 85, try a 125 two stroke.

i agree with this, but then again i've never heard of a one cycle engine either. this is driving me crazy, which one is it.

i always thought i would be awasome to make a 1 stroke motor, like get a 2 faced piston and have a spark plug at both ends of the cylinder,.....and get fuel in there and make it work somehow

but thats getting way off topic lol