Sign in to follow this  

does the Ktm 300 xcw come with a light???

i always assumed it did but i figured id just make sure. all the exc/xcw bikes come with lights and lighting systems right?

they dont come with lights, but the wiring is all there. For about $200 you can get the headlight, taillight, brakelight switch from Lake Cycle in Michigan.

Not the XCW's but all the 2007 4 stroke EXC line appear too have complete lights/mirrors which is way cool. I don't think we'll ever see street-legal 2 strokes sold new at dealers in the US......that is with complete lights/mirrors etc... not just a plate.

05 and back have lights, 06 forward do not have them, at least on the 2 strokes.

05 and back have lights, 06 forward do not have them, at least on the 2 strokes.

That is correct. In the US, you will never see another KTM 2-stroke with lights from that factory again unless there is a major change in EPA rules. That's one of the reasons for the name change from EXC to XC. They do have the 40w lighting coil and wiring harness, so retro-fitting 2005 EXC parts is easy. Enduro Engineering offers every thing you need in 1 kit.

The EE kit is great and it takes about 20 min to install. Be sure to get the brake light switch too. It is a separate part number.

alright, just wondering. id like a light for trail riding. but also for the possibility of street leagalizing it.

That is correct. In the US, you will never see another KTM 2-stroke with lights from that factory again unless there is a major change in EPA rules. That's one of the reasons for the name change from EXC to XC. They do have the 40w lighting coil and wiring harness, so retro-fitting 2005 EXC parts is easy.

Correct except my 06 300W came with the 2k-3 110w lighting coil. It even came with the headlight switch and bracket in the briefcase. It was very easy to wire up lights.

Take the cover off and compare the stator to the ones listed in your engine parts manual.

I've got a related question. Looking at a used 2004 200 EXC and 2002 380 EXC. Are there light kits available to easily dualsport/street-legalize these bikes? TIA