Sign in to follow this  

Is there a Gripper sytle seat cover to fit Corbin seat?

Corbin has at least 2 colours available.

I got the silver gripper mat'l put on mine when I bought my seat in the spring.

works good.

BJ

I don't want to send it in to Corbin. That would take six months, cost a fortune and it would still be done wrong. I was really wondering if one of those gripper covers would fit? Probably not...

I can appreciate your concerns re service from Corbin

What are you trying to achieve with the gripper mat'l ?

I just recieved my new Corbin seat.

Was concerned about the "rider slipping forward problem" so had them add extra foam to the seat nose.

Very happy with it so far although this design probably not suitable if you're short and/or doing mainly offroad riding.

Q on the corbin anyone have a problem with the seet getting wide to soon ?

I wonder do to the shape if i will hit my legs on the seet when riding standing.

Q on the corbin anyone have a problem with the seet getting wide to soon ?

I wonder do to the shape if i will hit my legs on the seet when riding standing.

Nope it's not a problem

BJ

May be cheaper/easier to go and visit your local upholstry shop and see what they have to offer.

There is a guy on Ebay that sells Full GRIPPER material to recover your seat. It is just a large sheet of Full Gripper material. He only usually get's $17 for it in the auction. I recovered my Suzuki Gel with that...Never go back to a non-gripper seat again...

There is a guy on Ebay that sells Full GRIPPER material to recover your seat. It is just a large sheet of Full Gripper material. He only usually get's $17 for it in the auction. I recovered my Suzuki Gel with that...Never go back to a non-gripper seat again...

When you recovered your gel seat what was the material like? I want to reshape mine (don't have original) and I'm worried it won't be as easy as regular seat foam.

Cheers,

Grant

The foam in mine was pretty shot...There is a cutout in the foam where the gel insert fits into...The gel is not how I pictured it....I thought it would be a plastic bag with gel inside but rather it is this kind of square jelly thing that sits ontop of the foam. I took mine to a local upholsterer here and he added new foam to the top of the original foam and then put the gel back on top...

I think it was a pretty decent job being I paid him about $15 for the work but some criticized it because he had some tucked areas on the side...But hey mine is a "dirtbike" so I'm not worried about perfection...I've been using mine for more than 6 months now and love it...The material is very grippy that I bought from the Ebay guy...It's quite abrasive so the gripper seat I wouldn't recommend to street riders...

grippergel1.jpg

grippergel2.jpg

Yeah I want to shave the front and back of the seat so it's more horizontal like most dirt seats are. I find it very difficult to move front and back on it.

Grant

Good luck shaving much on the front or back of the seat, it is pretty thin there to start with. For a flatter seat, people with long legs can get by with a "tall" seat.

Unfortunately my legs are a wooping 30" long so the tall seat really won't work. I would however trade my gel for a stock seat if anyone is interested?

Grant