Sign in to follow this  

pilot circut 05drz400sm

well i read your "how to comfirm your pilot circut" and i know i'm out on the pilot jet.problem is i'm not sure which way to go.i'm currently running a 45 slow jet(39mmfcrmx)i believe the slow jet is the pilot jet.and i just put in a zipty fuel screw.well if i turn it all the way in there is no miss, it just keeps on idleing away without any problem.when i turn it out it starts to miss at 4+ turns out.do i need a larger or smaller pj in there.i'm also at 1400ft.when i tested it last time it was in nov and the temp was 6C and now it is 30+C.thanx again for your help

Mike

well guess what Eddie...temp dropped rapidly so i dropped the clip down 2 notches,(at #4 pos emn needle)and .its like 6C(it was about 25C before) after the sun goes down.i redid my fuel screw and now it stumbles pretty much when turned the all the way in and stalls when coming to a stop at with the fuel screw 3/4 turns out. got it 1 3/4 out now and seems to be better down low now.i guess maybe a 42 pilot is what i'm looking for or should i go smaller?

Be very careful with that ZT screw, the tip is soft and delicate!!! When you turn it in to the stop it can be ruined. Proper piece for the job is made from brass.

Be very careful with that ZT screw, the tip is soft and delicate!!! When you turn it in to the stop it can be ruined. Proper piece for the job is made from brass.
thanx for the advise