Sign in to follow this  

Clutch problems...

When i have my bike in gear and i pull the clutch, it rolls with more resistance than usual... I just put it back together and dont feel like taking it apart again. Would it be bad to leave it like this? Also i think it might be over tightened the four bolts holding the clutch plates.

If you kickstart the bike in gear with the clutch pulled in, does it jump a little? It might just be time to replace the clutch plates... In about another 200 miles or less I am probably going to have to do the same to mine.

Clutches drag. Overtightening those four bolts will not cause it.

If you start it up and put it in first gear with the clutch in and get off the bike does it want to inch forward on its own. If not then the clutch is adjusted ok and make sure you have the right freeplay at the handlebar lever. If it does inch forward then you need to adjust your cluch or the cable is hanging up in the housing. It is harder to push in gear with the clutch in than if you have the tranny in neutral because you are turning the gears inside the tranny. Mine is noticeble harder to push that way too. Good luck.