Sign in to follow this  

05 wr250f hot start

i don't know if this will be answered in this forum but my hot start froze up. the plunger is stuck. i found several places that have the breakdown of my carb. i'm surprised that the yamaha dealer doesn't have the specs. anyway i see there's a spring,plunger, and looks like a seal. how does the cable hook up to the plunger. i took the cap off but because it's stuck i couldn't see anything but the spring. do i rip the cable out and then try to drill out the plunger? i can't tell from the pictures how the cable hooks up. i ordered the cable and when i got it i thought the whole assemble ,plunger,etc, would be attached. it doesn't look to complecated but i don't want to ruin my carb.

Tuberider,

If you haven't got it fixed yet:

I've just finished going over the hot circuit after the cable came out and I was left with the spring and little else. I then discovered that the plunger was indeed still in the hole and it was easy to use a very small pair of needle nose pliers and removed it. The plunger is easy to affix to the end of the cable. You might be helped by adjusting the hot start circuit (at the lever) all the way in. That will get you a bit more cable to be able to put the spring on then attach the plunger.