Sign in to follow this  

when to turn to synthetic?

I did run only Dino for start up on new parts but the last 2 rebuild got done with synthetic. All went Well.

In some reading and personal testing you will find that some Dino oils are very good and that some synthetics are very poor in their ability to take a pounding. The technical reasons are very very involved and bring alot of controversey...

One petrochemist friend of mine said that "all" oils lubricate properly and are up to the job the criticle design comes in when they are stressed by things like temperature, combustion gases, contaminants etc etc......

I also change the oil alot and that is more important. Guys like Kelstr and my self have seen oils go south in a 30 minute moto with some riders....

I did run only Dino for start up on new parts but the last 2 rebuild got done with synthetic. All went Well.

I also change the oil alot and that is more important. Guys like Kelstr and my self have seen oils go south in a 30 minute moto with some riders....

i dont have a scedual on oil changes really... depends on how i ride, if im just putting around the trails then ill do it every like 5 hours, if im at the track ill do it every time before and after riding

so synthetic it is, now i can go ride my piece of beauty