Sign in to follow this  

Bad weekend

I know its tuesday now, but i had probably one of the worst riding weekends i have ever had on a motorcycle. I went riding at my friends house, to ride the trails and a private moto track near his house. It was supposed to be an ausome weekend, but it went totally wrong. Saturday night after getting to his house, i hear a loud banging noise in his gargage where we had our bikes. Come to find out it was my bike falling off the stand that made the loud bang. It just so happened that one of his dogs somehow got let into the garage and went by my fmf riser stand and some how hit the lever, causing my beloved bike to fall. Luckly not much damage other than just scratches and a torn left bar grip. Then when we woke up in the mourining to go riding i just didn't feel right. For some reason i felt tired and almost felt like sayin i didn't want to ride. But i tried to suck it up and go riding anyway.

So while we were riding i felt tired and couldn't focuse on what i was doin. I got distracted a couple times and dumped it in some pretty simple turns at the moto track and alot in the trails. My buddie kept sayin, "Whats wrong with you today man?" Then on our usual route back through the trails my friend desides to take a shortcut. But it only lead to a swamp where his bike gets stuck. We spent about an hour pulling it out of the muck. When we got back to his house we were exauhsted and took a break. Then after about 20 minutes of rest we decided to hit a jump that him and i had constructed before summer started, and we hadn't had the chance to hit yet. The jump is basically a lip at the top of a hill behind his house. but the problem is that if u don't hit the jump at the right angle, or if you go off of it with to much speed it could launch you into his padio. Well i went first and after the frustrating day i felt kinda angry and determined to sort of outdo my buddie on this jump. Well i ended up pinning it in third gear causing me to way over shoot my landing and crash right into his patio. My bike went under while i flew over hitting one of the side support beams. This jump was meant to launch a rider about 15 ft. But i hit his patio which is about, (We measured it) 45 ft away. This stupid little stunt sent me to the E.R where they checked me over finding out that i broke a rib. I don't have any idea why i did such a stupid thing, but all i can say is the biggest mistake one can make is getting on a motorcycle when you don't exactly feel like riding. My stupid mistake has cost me the rest of the summer riding season and payment for some new bars.

Always follow your first gut instinct. If something don't feel right, back down, or don't ride at all.

Always follow your first gut instinct. If something don't feel right, back down, or don't ride at all.

:thumbsup: What enduro said! Most of us have a built in intuition. You must be cautious not to confuse it with outright lazyness, but if your gut instinct isn't to ride, don't force it! I learned the hard way myself, and ended up in the ER last year. Hope things look up for you soon friend!

You'll look back on this someday and laugh, just ride.

Everybody has an "off day" on their bike once and a while.... It's best not to push it on those days! Hope you get better soon.

I know its tuesday now, but i had probably one of the worst riding weekends i have ever had on a motorcycle. I went riding at my friends house, to ride the trails and a private moto track near his house. It was supposed to be an ausome weekend, but it went totally wrong. Saturday night after getting to his house, i hear a loud banging noise in his gargage where we had our bikes. Come to find out it was my bike falling off the stand that made the loud bang. It just so happened that one of his dogs somehow got let into the garage and went by my fmf riser stand and some how hit the lever, causing my beloved bike to fall. Luckly not much damage other than just scratches and a torn left bar grip. Then when we woke up in the mourining to go riding i just didn't feel right. For some reason i felt tired and almost felt like sayin i didn't want to ride. But i tried to suck it up and go riding anyway.

So while we were riding i felt tired and couldn't focuse on what i was doin. I got distracted a couple times and dumped it in some pretty simple turns at the moto track and alot in the trails. My buddie kept sayin, "Whats wrong with you today man?" Then on our usual route back through the trails my friend desides to take a shortcut. But it only lead to a swamp where his bike gets stuck. We spent about an hour pulling it out of the muck. When we got back to his house we were exauhsted and took a break. Then after about 20 minutes of rest we decided to hit a jump that him and i had constructed before summer started, and we hadn't had the chance to hit yet. The jump is basically a lip at the top of a hill behind his house. but the problem is that if u don't hit the jump at the right angle, or if you go off of it with to much speed it could launch you into his padio. Well i went first and after the frustrating day i felt kinda angry and determined to sort of outdo my buddie on this jump. Well i ended up pinning it in third gear causing me to way over shoot my landing and crash right into his patio. My bike went under while i flew over hitting one of the side support beams. This jump was meant to launch a rider about 15 ft. But i hit his patio which is about, (We measured it) 45 ft away. This stupid little stunt sent me to the E.R where they checked me over finding out that i broke a rib. I don't have any idea why i did such a stupid thing, but all i can say is the biggest mistake one can make is getting on a motorcycle when you don't exactly feel like riding. My stupid mistake has cost me the rest of the summer riding season and payment for some new bars.

You got away lucky!

At least you didn't do any spinal damage and end your days of riding.

i didn't feel like riding today, i just burned a few laps, lost it once and went back to the truck, took off my helmet and started hitting on a kids mom that was there, i saw her on the track i thought she was my age, thats why i started talking to her, turns out she was like 30 :thumbsup:

i didn't feel like riding today, i just burned a few laps, lost it once and went back to the truck, took off my helmet and started hitting on a kids mom that was there, i saw her on the track i thought she was my age, thats why i started talking to her, turns out she was like 30 :ride:

:thumbsup: nice :applause:

i dont understand... if you were dumping the bike in simple turns why you would try to jump that....

i'm laughing right now. :applause: Sorry about the whole launching 45 ft thing but that's hilarious. Hope your OK. :thumbsup: other then that and the bike falling off the stand, it sounds like a cool day, to me. :ride:

i dont understand... if you were dumping the bike in simple turns why you would try to jump that....

Better question, is why would you even build a jump where the run out puts you directly into a patio ?? :thumbsup:

The jump was purpose built to just as a play around jump. And i jumped it cause i was so frustrated from the day that i needed somting to redeem my spirits. I guess i got excited and now i'm so sore its hard for me to sit down or move. Next time if i'm not feeling good before i get on a bike i won't go riding.

i thought she was my age, thats why i started talking to her, turns out she was like 30 :thumbsup:

Coulda had a MILF mustache!

i didn't feel like riding today, i just burned a few laps, lost it once and went back to the truck, took off my helmet and started hitting on a kids mom that was there, i saw her on the track i thought she was my age, thats why i started talking to her, turns out she was like 30 :thumbsup:

Wow 30?!? Did she have her oxygen tank with her?

That's the great thing about stupid stuff you do. Ten years from now this will be funny as crap.

when i know i have to ride the next day, well planned on it, but riding is a must for me when i get too. well, when i know i hve to go, and i stay up lae and get an hour or 2 of sleep, i might not feel like riing, but i do, ill just take it easy and mellow out. eventually ill get more into later in the day and pick up the pase, but before the adrenalin starts pumpin, im just putting around.

when i know i have to ride the next day, well planned on it, but riding is a must for me when i get too. well, when i know i hve to go, and i stay up lae and get an hour or 2 of sleep, i might not feel like riing, but i do, ill just take it easy and mellow out. eventually ill get more into later in the day and pick up the pase, but before the adrenalin starts pumpin, im just putting around.

haha that happens to me a lot.

Ill be to exited to ride the next day and wont fall aseep. Then I get like 3 or 4 hours of sleep and wake up like at 5 in the morning when everybody is still sleeping. Then i will feel tired and wanna go back to sleep when everyone is going riding!

My bad day at the track that didn't seem right turned me into an invalid, I've got a constant limp, I'll never run again, and have a hard time even bending down to pick up my kids. This is all from some poor decisions on a bad day. I think you got off pretty easy, lesson learned.