Sign in to follow this  

'06 CFR250r+Boyesen Quick Shot=my jetting nightmare

Ok, so I have a new totally stock bike except this accelerator pump cover which is supposed to be a "bolt on" mod.

not so bolt on.

I couldn't get it to do anything but idle. the slightest touch of the throttle and it would bog and die.

I called Boyesen and they said to go to a 170 main jet (172 is stock) and lower the clip position by one. (not sure if he meant to lower the clip physicaly to the #4 position or lower the position to the #2 position (stock is #3- 3rd from the top)

So i tried both. and now it coughs and bogs out when i crack the throttle hard.

throw in a little back firing once in a while and thats what i have. can someone please give me some advise as to where to go next to remedy this situation.

thanks

-frank

i didnt tear the carb appart, i just rotated it while still on the bike and changed the parts.

i havnt gotten to ride it since i made these changes, i wanted to get it workin nice before waisting any time or money on getin to the track.

i normaly ride at Gorman, elsinore, glen helen, comp. edge or racetown. so the elevation changes, but with the stock settings i didnt have any problems.

ok, i think i have it back to normal. (after hours of futzin around and a couple calls to boyesen)

i have a 170 main jet, 42 pilot jet and the needle at the 4th clip position, and the fuel screw out 1 1/4 turn.

seems to run fine (back to normal) on the stand, now i'll see on friday how it runs on the track.

i was reccomended to go to a 50 leak jet but that part wont come in till the end of the week. so i'll report back as to what happens with that.